Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it was pretty clever how they fit a D ticket in that footprint.

The 90 degree lift and the music choices make it very memorable. But, so do all the brake pads. :p
Using land that virtually can't be used for attraction space otherwise for a coaster was definitely creative on their part. Just sucks that 10 years later, we still have the same old music - a pretty embarrassing music selection at that.

Using land that virtually can't be used for attraction space otherwise for a coaster was definitely creative on their part. Just sucks that 10 years later, we still have the same old music - a pretty embarrassing music selection at that.
Putting the main support column for the drop right in the middle of the amphitheater’s loading ramp was less creative.

I think HRRR has become a huge part of UOR's skyline and marketing, but if they replaced it with a different/better coaster, yeah, no one would really care. If they just took it down and we got nothing out of it, it would certainly be something of note for me though.
Losing RRR would open up three usable spaces for new attractions...At the very least, I would imagine it would be replaced with a better coaster like a Mack or B&M

I mean... people like us may not love it, but it always has a long line.
It has bad capacity for a Universal attraction

Losing RRR would open up three usable spaces for new attractions...At the very least, I would imagine it would be replaced with a better coaster like a Mack or B&M
It wouldn't open up the opportunity for three if you are counting the concert yard as one like I think you are, because that concert yard is going nowhere soon. They use it far too often. In all likelihood, once backstage buildings would have to be moved around, it could maybe open up room for one near Despicable me, down that side road. I don't think they have much desire to put an attraction there right now given recent improvements to that area, anyway.

As far as the Soundstage 33 plot is concerned... they could use that now if they wanted. They won't though until 100% out of expansion room because, like the concert yard, they use the building way to much for events.

It wouldn't open up the opportunity for three if you are counting the concert yard as one like I think you are, because that concert yard is going nowhere soon. They use it far too often. In all likelihood, once backstage buildings would have to be moved around, it could maybe open up room for one near Despicable me, down that side road. I don't think they have much desire to put an attraction there right now given recent improvements to that area, anyway.

As far as the Soundstage 33 plot is concerned... they could use that now if they wanted. They won't though until 100% out of expansion room because, like the concert yard, they use the building way to much for events.
I'm not...see attached picture

Attachments

• USF.jpg
    USF.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
I had that picture backwards when I first saw it, but it still doesn't change the fact that what I said still stands true. Most likely place for any expandsion is the out-and-back part of the coaster (and this is if they even got rid of it). SS33 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. There's still a lot of things ahead of it and until they've run out of options for the park, I don't see them using that plot.

One of your red areas makes little sense towards your point as it removes Despicable Me... and while I wouldn't be against removing that ride system, you're talking about adding. That's just replacing.

One of your red areas makes little sense towards your point as it removes Despicable Me... and while I wouldn't be against removing that ride system, you're talking about adding. That's just replacing.
Yeah, it expands it to be an actual dark ride...The stage could also be moved backward as well to allow for more space..

Yeah, it expands it to be an actual dark ride...The stage could also be moved backward as well to allow for more space..
As much as I think a ride should be in that location, the only way they get rid of Soundstage 33 is if they build a replacement somewhere else... Which would take up another random expansion plot.

The parking lot isn't going anywhere. It's dedicated to the soundstages and staging. The only way that goes is if all production shuts down. If that happens (which it won't), then it's a moot point because ALL the sounstages can removed.

Expanding the DM show building back is conceivable, but you're actually only getting enough space for a queue and loading station unless BMG is removed. There's an access route back there for employees.

The plot with the back half of the coaster to CityWalk would actually best be used to expand a new entrance plaza. Any attraction you put there would cause even more congestion at the front of the park than what already exists.

And if you move the stage, where do you put it?

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick
The plot with the back half of the coaster to CityWalk would actually best be used to expand a new entrance plaza. Any attraction you put there would cause even more congestion at the front of the park than what already exists.
Personally, I like the way the entrance is facing right now, but I could see a reworking of the plot to allow for a more expansive entrance/exit

At the very least, I want RRR to be replaced with a better coaster...Or be completely retracked by a more competent coaster company...It has been a disaster from the start

Reactions: Cheezbat