Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 229 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This. Destroy it and replace it with something good.

Sooner or later it'll hit its shelf life and will need a full replacement like Hulk - perhaps sooner due to its iffy construction. At that point I imagine they'll just construct a new, similar coaster from a more reputable manufacturer.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
This. Destroy it and replace it with something good.

R-M-C! R-M-C!

Even if I have a B&M bias, pretty much all the different types of B&Ms are close enough to where it wouldn't be worth it--and I haven't heard the best things about wing riders. A hyper like in Japan would be tempting, but with Mako nearby, I don't think that would be feasible. Would love to see a Flying Dinosaur clone in JP, but ditto with Manta.

I've always read that it gets high guest surveys. If so, why would they replace it? Seems like the general public likes it....just one example, but along those lines of decent guest surveys, Mark's GF Samantha, who greatly dislikes rough coasters and won't generally ride them, thought it was a good coaster and enjoyed her ride. ...I really don't think Universal really cares what the elite coaster crowd thinks as long as the regular people like it.

I've always read that it gets high guest surveys. If so, why would they replace it? Seems like the general public likes it....just one example, but along those lines of decent guest surveys, Mark's GF Samantha, who greatly dislikes rough coasters and won't generally ride them, thought it was a good coaster and enjoyed her ride. ...I really don't think Universal really cares what the elite coaster crowd thinks as long as the regular people like it.
Can confirm the people like it... if you mention Universal everyone at my school says "Have you rode the rockit and roll coaster?"

Can confirm the people like it... if you mention Universal everyone at my school says "Have you rode the rockit and roll coaster?"
Yeah, most people just care what a ride experience feels like. They couldn't care less about the angle of a track, what g force percentages are, the track configuration specs and all that other technical BS that the coaster elitists judge things by.

Yeah, most people just care what a ride experience feels like. They couldn't care less about the angle of a track, what g force percentages are, the track configuration specs and all that other technical BS that the coaster elitists judge things by.
Hulk had high GSATs and they still replaced the track.

It’s called improving on what you have. A smoother track and a ride not stuck in the music of 2008 would be noticeable.

Reactions: tankart150
Hulk had high GSATs and they still replaced the track.

It’s called improving on what you have. A smoother track and a ride not stuck in the music of 2008 would be noticeable.
Sure they could do a music update, to a degree, no doubt, but that's relatively easy and inexpensive. But it's still a relatively new ride. Kind of early to do a redo when there's other attractions that need it more. Hulk is apx. 10 yrs. older, and it goes over water,which is a bit destructive. .

Reactions: LJGonz
I always hated this ride, what with the generic makes-no-sense music theme in a movie theme park to the fact that its a roller coaster, which I dont like anyway. I even hate that they shoe horned it in between sound stages and down alley ways, but I guess thats why it likely wont ever change. Its out of the way, not bothering anyone, and gives the park its coaster that they need for marketing.

If they replaced it with something better I doubt anyone would care