1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., Jan 22, 2008.

1. Joel

Joel Premium Member

I wouldn't mind it going for 2 reasons, 1) I hate intense roller coasters and B) frees up space for other stuff. Even still, I don't mind how it looks and like people have mentioned its a small footprint.

GadgetGuru likes this.
  2. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

It’s probably they same people that ride the Manhattan Express roller coaster at New York, NewYork in Vegas and love it. Gp will be GP.

Mad Dog likes this.
  3. faceleg

faceleg Rookie

This hurt my soul almost as much as Manhattan Express hurts in general

Joel likes this.
  4. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

good one....:lol:

5. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

After Kevin Hart, the ride became more of an icon.

Mad Dog and shiekra38 like this.
  6. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

yes, a real Hart stopper. ;):bolt:

7. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

Thought this ride was in rough shape when I rode it a few weeks back. Hope a big IP comes in soon that can replace it.

bob albert likes this.
  8. xxbrothawizxx

xxbrothawizxx Newcomer

The last few rides I had on this during HHN were dreadful. It's a huge shame this isn't a B&M hyper or anything else. New trains and a new indoor queue would be nice. Virtual Queue with some dance club aesthetic would cool. I still think the layout is solid, but the ride experience is just poor at this point.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    tankart150 and universal_fanatic like this.
  9. BBPH

BBPH Veteran Member

First ever ride on this at HHN the other night, we did love the experience... there’s something hilariously funny about flying over USF listening to Fergie.

On the other hand, wow that’s a painful ride! I never suffer with any pains etc on rides but this really hurt our heads. We’ll maybe ride it once more in the daylight but unlikely again after that.

I do however love the kinetic energy it gives to the park especially at HHN.

10. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

A b&m hyper was always the dream but I don’t think anything that big will ever replace it. It’s a major roadblock for USF to expand out and the HE is another.

It’s no doubt a creative use of the land but it’s just awful.

truejonas and Coolbfitz like this.
  11. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I actually really like Rock-It. I don’t think it’s that rough. :shrug:

I mean, maybe it’s because I’ve been on truly awful coasters like Viper at SFMM or The Big One at Blackpool, but it’s not that bad.

12. Cup_Of_Coffee

I’ll always have fond memories of listening to Kanye on this, but it was super rough a few weeks ago. As others have said, typically a ride doesn’t bother me physically but my boyfriend and I only rode once. I guess I wouldn’t be upset if it stayed as I’d likely do it once a trip until it’s insufferable, but I’d just think they could do more here.

I remember a few months back there was talk of Universal buying dr Phillips high school, and potentially moving offices there. Was there any truth to that rumor? If so that gives them the chance to work with some more space in the future

tankart150 likes this.
  13. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I've been on plenty of rough coasters and HRRR is no where near the worst of the worst but comparing last year to my visit before that, it was in really bad shape.

Who knows. I think there was probably truth about Universal proposing the idea to the school but even if it happens, it will be a long time before anything happens.

Cup_Of_Coffee likes this.
  14. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Amazingly, according to insiders it ranks high on GSAT's. It also ranks high on Touring Plans' guest surveys. So, if the GP likes it, it's probably not going anywhere.

15. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Some people like it rough.

Andysol, truejonas, Doug A. and 6 others like this.
  16. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

I’ve never had an issue with the roughness. My issue is the coaster is dull as dirt. There’s a block break every 5 seconds. The thing has no pacing at all

This is going to shock people here, but regular people really, really like roller coasters, no matter how bad they are

17. SukaVayne73

SukaVayne73 Rookie

I agree with everyone how rough and painful the coaster is. I have Fibromyalgia, so I deal with chronic pain, however my nephews are down from DC where I grew up, and I had to ride it 4 times since 4 nephews, and my hubby doesn't like coasters. Well after 4 rides on this I say tear it out and put in a coaster like KBF has "HANG TIME", so it at least has the same type of lift. And yeah after 4 rides I had to take pain meds and sit out the rest of the time. So hopefully when we take them for HHN, none of them want to ride it. The coaster is No Bueno. I should of seen if they had the song from Suicide Squad "I'm A Sucker For Pain" so it would go perfect for each ride.

18. Cup_Of_Coffee

I’ll be honest, my bf and I jam and dance along to the music so I was moving my head while also hitting it from the coaster, which probably led to more impact haha. I’ll take a bit of blame here I guess. It’s funny they haven’t updated the songs but I love it because it makes me feel like I’m back at Universal in 2010 again :)

SukaVayne73 likes this.
  19. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

New songs is going to be a 2020 update isn’t it if Bourne bombs?

truejonas, Coolbfitz and SukaVayne73 like this.
  20. SukaVayne73

SukaVayne73 Rookie

They will go and download all of the NOW THIS IS MUSIC CD's. How many of those CD's have been made, I think I may have some but don't know where. Hey make it more Immersive, where you can download and send the song to a computer so that when you board the train, you can just click your song you want to ride to. One way they don't have to get and or pay for other songs or update them, problem fixed (NOT).