Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

I rode HRRR last weekend....and I actually had a really good time...way more pops of air and force than I remember

I hadn't rode a coaster other than Hagrids (did that first) since November

I'm not saying it's a good ride...but I walked away saying "maybe this is how the GP feels"...and I understood

I promise I will go back to hating it in a few weeks

I rode HRRR last weekend....and I actually had a really good time...way more pops of air and force than I remember

I hadn't rode a coaster other than Hagrids (did that first) since November

I'm not saying it's a good ride...but I walked away saying "maybe this is how the GP feels"...and I understood

I promise I will go back to hating it in a few weeks
I always ride it thinking, “maybe it’ll be good this time”...but it’s just so rough these days. Bounces me around a lot. I always get off in a daze, like I’m gonna start drooling.

They either need to fix the vehicles, bring back the old lift - no slowdown right before the top! - or start from scratch. Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge closed up after 18 years...I’d prefer if Universal not take that long to fix H3R.

I always ride it thinking, “maybe it’ll be good this time”...but it’s just so rough these days. Bounces me around a lot. I always get off in a daze, like I’m gonna start drooling.

They either need to fix the vehicles, bring back the old lift - no slowdown right before the top! - or start from scratch. Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge closed up after 18 years...I’d prefer if Universal not take that long to fix H3R.
I'm still for Intamin, Premiere, or Mack, redesigning it

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit: Remixed or Recharged...something like this

I would also like Syd Vinyl as a walkaround character in the parks

I'm still for Intamin, Premiere, or Mack, redesigning it

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit: Remixed or Recharged...something like this

I would also like Syd Vinyl as a walkaround character in the parks
I’ll say what I always say: make it a hypercoaster and call it Hollywood Rip Ride Remix.

Make the “secret song” keypad the primary infrastructure for song selection and partner up with a streaming service to sponsor the ride and handle music licensing. Say Spotify offers up a “slice” of their app through the UO app, 100 songs from 10 genres (or 100 genres from 9 and 99 from 1, for 999, so you can keep a 3-digit format) that get updated regularly. You pick a song in the app, get your number out of 999, punch it in once you get on, off you go.

I’ll say what I always say: make it a hypercoaster and call it Hollywood Rip Ride Remix.

Make the “secret song” keypad the primary infrastructure for song selection and partner up with a streaming service to sponsor the ride and handle music licensing. Say Spotify offers up a “slice” of their app through the UO app, 100 songs from 10 genres (or 100 genres from 9 and 99 from 1, for 999, so you can keep a 3-digit format) that get updated regularly. You pick a song in the app, get your number out of 999, punch it in once you get on, off you go.
I wonder how many music videos they actually sell

I know it's kind of worked into the ride...but...seriously

RRR is best at night. Love riding it during HHN. Paranoid and Immigrant Song are my go tos.

I'll throw this out there. I cannot think of any coaster that doesn't improve at night. Adding darkness enhances the feeling of speed and being out of control. My main gripe with Rocket is that the block break sections destroy any feeling of pace (which I have stated before). According to Youtubers, this is to allow Rocket to run more trains and increase capacity but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the ride feels like hill-brake-hill-brake. It's like being in rush hour traffic.

I'll throw this out there. I cannot think of any coaster that doesn't improve at night. Adding darkness enhances the feeling of speed and being out of control. My main gripe with Rocket is that the block break sections destroy any feeling of pace (which I have stated before). According to Youtubers, this is to allow Rocket to run more trains and increase capacity but that still doesn't excuse the fact that the ride feels like hill-brake-hill-brake. It's like being in rush hour traffic.

True. Fury 325 at Carowinds is one coaster I particularly love day or night, but nighttime makes it even more intense.

With RRR, I think nighttime during HHN adds a lot because of the lights and number of people moving below you. It’s almost like being at a jam packed state fair. Something like Fury is more sporadic since there’s not much else happening on that side of the park.

Anyone know why the line has been longer recently? It peaked at 200 mins today and is currently at 125 mins, more than double anything else in the park. Was equally as bad last weekend and even hit capacity at one point

Anyone know why the line has been longer recently? It peaked at 200 mins today and is currently at 125 mins, more than double anything else in the park. Was equally as bad last weekend and even hit capacity at one point

Are they only running limited trains for some reason?

When I was there a few weeks ago, the left seat in every third row had a cover over it. That often made the entire row unusable as people weren't sure if they could use the right seat (they could) and this often resulted in a domino effect of people missing their row, then missing their car, and them having to let cars go empty.

Not sure if that is still happening, but it was weird.

When I was there a few weeks ago, the left seat in every third row had a cover over it. That often made the entire row unusable as people weren't sure if they could use the right seat (they could) and this often resulted in a domino effect of people missing their row, then missing their car, and them having to let cars go empty.

Not sure if that is still happening, but it was weird.
HRRR is Universal's Smiler

I was wondering the same thing recently about Kong. A couple weeks ago it seemed the wait times for it were out of proportion with everything else in the park. Makes me wonder if some rides are running at reduced capacity during certain times?

I was wondering the same thing recently about Kong. A couple weeks ago it seemed the wait times for it were out of proportion with everything else in the park. Makes me wonder if some rides are running at reduced capacity during certain times?
Tough to tell. But, historically, especially when it's crowded, Kong consistently has one of the longest average daily standby waits of the attractions in either park., especially after 11:00 AM and through the afternoon. And if it's raining, the waits get even longer since there's so few indoor IOA attractions.

When did they switch how express works for RRR? I went on Saturday and it was easily the worst express line I've ever sat through. First they made express queue for lockers while standby got to pass through which took about 20 minutes to even get a locker. After we finally got to enter the actual express line before half of the express line merged with standby at the stairs, while the other half got to use the express staircase. I was lucky enough to merge into the standby line which took another 20 more minutes while I watched the people from behind me in the express line walk up the express stairs and onto the ride. Usually I'm not one to complain but I heard everyone around me who also had express become frustrated once they realized we were put into the standby line. Overall it was about a 50 minute wait with express for a posted normal wait time of 35 minutes.

When did they switch how express works for RRR? I went on Saturday and it was easily the worst express line I've ever sat through. First they made express queue for lockers while standby got to pass through which took about 20 minutes to even get a locker. After we finally got to enter the actual express line before half of the express line merged with standby at the stairs, while the other half got to use the express staircase. I was lucky enough to merge into the standby line which took another 20 more minutes while I watched the people from behind me in the express line walk up the express stairs and onto the ride. Usually I'm not one to complain but I heard everyone around me who also had express become frustrated once they realized we were put into the standby line. Overall it was about a 50 minute wait with express for a posted normal wait time of 35 minutes.

When I was there in October, there was no wait to get a locker regardless of whether you had express. Express also had a dedicated metal detector (which did sometimes get backed up) under the marquee. They've been merging the standby and express into a single lane at the bottom of the stairs for a while, I think, but I never saw anything about sending some express people up a separate lane while putting some in the merged lane.