Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

This coaster looks great. It is a fantastic layout and will bring some visitors into the studios.

sorry - its still down...i just linked to the site cause i feel bad stealing images from other sites...plus i think the attachment thing is now disabled on the boards...or is it only when you first make a post you can now attach?

Being a Tv Production student myself, I appreciated all the different cue names they used for the loops and turns. I like that idea greatly and I'm really looking forward to the final product and how it turns out with the legs and how guests are goign to like it. I know I will!:happy:

Screamscape's back up.... this ride is looking better and better, and if it really isn't going to go over CityWalk, this will be good, it will be more unobtrusive. No thrill-seeking teen will want to go to Disney anymore.... But Toy Story Mania might be a decent temporary draw.

Some construction may begin this weekend, anyone going please get pics:
(5/2/08) A permit for Project Rumble Site Demo has been issued this week. Looks like we may see work begin fairly soon.

Some construction may begin this weekend, anyone going please get pics:
(5/2/08) A permit for Project Rumble Site Demo has been issued this week. Looks like we may see work begin fairly soon.

Any work that takes place for HRRR most likely will be backstage. Therefore, all guests and TMs are unable to take pictures of construction.

Im not a big fan of this coaster.. I love coasters but this will hurt UO in the long run. I used to work at UO and where there building this sucker is to tight of a space. Granted UO is a theme park/movie studios; but there rarely used those SS anymore.. UO can afford to tear atleast one down. Theres more land out by MIB and Simpsons for this sucker.

I talked to a few people whos worked for UO for a LONG time and I'm not the only one unhappy about this sucker.. UO is slowly becoming a amuzument park then a theme park.. I can see this place turning into a six flags almost.

Also when I worked there many team members *****ed the park needs a make over.. Spend the money on the park first then build a new ride. Also UO finnally relize that you need to spend money to make money. Well Disney has practice that for yrs but they spread about there new rides over yrs.

UO is spending to much money at once and theres a slim chance this could backfire on them.

I personally think UO needs to spend the money on re doing some of the areas.. like re paint NY and Hollywood.. atleast re pave the streets to make them more life like.

one point was we all thought it run the entire lagoon until the big video screen in the middle of city walk. over where the city walk stage is next to pastamore. for them to just run along the bmg grass area - it just runs along the border of city walk.

i think that kids will like this...and you know...i will like it too...cause it is new...but i just hope it does not take away from the street scenes too much. i like how universal has that relaxing corner...and by jamming this in the corner...sure...it shows they are using every last bit of the park.

but just think of the lumberjacks. they have machines that can calculate every use of the wood to make sure there is no waste...but only sensible people can determine if the quality of the wood is good enough.

UO is spending to much money at once and theres a slim chance this could backfire on them.

I personally think UO needs to spend the money on re doing some of the areas.. like re paint NY and Hollywood.. atleast re pave the streets to make them more life like.

New rides can only mean new crowds and more money. There is no way this could backfire on UO. Its not becoming an Amusement park because even with HRRR, Its along with movies...and we all know Universal is a...Movie Studio...HRRR Is about a movie. Hmm.

If they repaint NY and Hollywood...it would take away the whole old-time feeling that the faded paint has brought. The places are meant to look old. Its the same with the streets. If you repave them it'll just look off. New streets with old towns. Definately wouldn't work out to well.

Just my Opinion.:thumbs: