Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed, it was actually down for technical difficulties when I got to the park today, after trips on Mummy, MIB and the front row of Hulk, it was up and running.

Just know that this is NOT always the case. Some days, it does not make it back up before park close. This seriously is a normal breaking in process and the entire point of a soft opening, so it's really nothing to worry about - but if you're planning to go there JUST TO RIDE ROCKIT it's good to keep in the back of your head.

Rode it 3 times today. The first 2 times used the single rider lines (47 mins, 35 mins). The third time the single rider line was closed for the night, so I jumped in the regular line 105 mins. But I got front row and it was after dark so I got the full effects of the lights AWESOME ride!

Rode it 3 times today. The first 2 times used the single rider lines (47 mins, 35 mins). The third time the single rider line was closed for the night, so I jumped in the regular line 105 mins. But I got front row and it was after dark so I got the full effects of the lights AWESOME ride!

It makes me sad to see how poorly the Singles line works on this attraction (although it sounds like you got LUCKY by comparision)- last time I got in it was a 1:45 wait, while the standby turned out to be actually 70 minutes.

This really isn't even Universal's - or Maurer's -fault. Single riders just don't tend to work well with two across rides, and with as short as the train length is, the likelihood of needing to pull often decreases greatly.

I did notice on the 27th that one of the cars had a couple seats with the lap bar covered that wasn't in use. Is there any possibility that having two rows with only one seat helped the single-rider line move along a little faster?

I did notice on the 27th that one of the cars had a couple seats with the lap bar covered that wasn't in use. Is there any possibility that having two rows with only one seat helped the single-rider line move along a little faster?

Nope. Generally, if a lap bar or any other part of the seat is covered, it generally means (in the theme park world), that the seat is out of service due to the lap bar not functioning properly. So, I would imagine that if this was the case, it would only slow down Stand By, Single Riders, and Express (whenever they may add that.)

Nope. Generally, if a lap bar or any other part of the seat is covered, it generally means (in the theme park world), that the seat is out of service due to the lap bar not functioning properly. So, I would imagine that if this was the case, it would only slow down Stand By, Single Riders, and Express (whenever they may add that.)

Nah Kev, I would think the opposite, cause if there's only one seat in a row, people may not want to split up the party and ride with a stranger. I would think that seat would be filled by a single rider everytime. I think.

Went down to Universal yesterday around 3pm and the wait time was 90 minutes. It was up and running but I think 2-3 trains only. I have little patience in life and I won't wait for anything for 90 minutes unless it involves me getting money, ha ha!

Checked on our way out of the park about 6:45pm and it still was at 90 minutes. So, gonna head down there maybe in a couple weeks and hit the park at 9am to ride hopefully!

Rode RockIt yesterday. Was pleased but definitely glad I waited under 2 hours for it.

When I got in line the posted wait was 90 minutes. Decided to bite the bullet. About 40 minutes into queing the bastard went down. Me and my friends decided to wait it out for atleast 30 minutes. Waiting, waiting, people being evaced, thinking not a good sign, then it started testing. Within 10 minutes of the evac it started testing. YAY! People get on. Half the line has left now so it's only about a 10 minutes wait from where we were (bottom of the stairs). Then we got on. YAY!!!!

Definitely enjoyed the music aspect of the ride. Listened to Sabotage, next will probably be Insane in the Membraine, then hidden tracks. 112 is sounding pretty good to me. :thumbs:

Now that I have rode this, and with a wait under 2 hours I can honestly say I won't ride this thing again unless it's in double digits. It was good but 90 minutes is probably about the max I'll wait for it. I barely wait in lines at HHN so I definitely won't be hunkering down 120 minute waits for a coaster that will be there for a while.