Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Car 4 is the worst. They were not letting people ride on it when I was there this morning. It was left cycling with the restraints down.

Yes! I noticed that yesterday, too. Was wondering why. There was a period of time in the afternoon in which they held all cars in the loading station for 10 minutes - except for Car 4. It was sitting empty on one of the breaking platforms towards the end of the track.

Hopefully once the big projects are out of the way, or once they start working on the Kidzone redo, they will look at this ride, and try to fix the bugs. I think this ride can be improved, and what they can do is work closely with Maurer Söhne, and create brand new cars. They can start from scratch if they want to. Then, they can rebuild the moving walkway to speed up the load. They can reroute some electrical cords if they need to.

This is most likely blue sky, and just some crazy kid from Jersey's fantasy since I love this ride. They will wait to see how Potter and TF affects the rush for this ride since this is a popular ride, and a ride that everyone sees when they enter the park. Not to mention that this ride often gets a wait time similar to the new Despicable Me attraction. So this might not happen for a couple of years, but don't think Universal Creative doesn't care about Rock It. I guarantee everyone that they have an eye on this ride. They know they can do better. You'll see.

^Remember, it's the off-season. They may just be doing the annual rebuilds on the RVs. They need to cycle them a given amount of hours after being assembled before they can run with people.

I honestly have not had a problem with the roughness, but maybe I am just getting lucky. The biggest problem I have is the song selection. I wish they would change them occasionally or at least rotate them out with another playlist every so often.

^Remember, it's the off-season. They may just be doing the annual rebuilds on the RVs. They need to cycle them a given amount of hours after being assembled before they can run with people.

Right, but every ride requires that, and we don't see Hulk, Dragons, etc. cycling empty cars during the off-season. Unless they're just cycling them at night or in the morning before park opening?

Right, but every ride requires that, and we don't see Hulk, Dragons, etc. cycling empty cars during the off-season. Unless they're just cycling them at night or in the morning before park opening?

Every ride has different requirements. And you can't compare Hulk/Dragon RVs with RockIt ones. Hulk and Dragon RVs have harnesses and black belts. The RockIt RVs have pneumatic lapbars. There are many reasons a ride will cycle, most of which we'll never know.

Every ride has different requirements. And you can't compare Hulk/Dragon RVs with RockIt ones. Hulk and Dragon RVs have harnesses and black belts. The RockIt RVs have pneumatic lapbars. There are many reasons a ride will cycle, most of which we'll never know.

All ride vehicles, regardless of builder, have to cycle a certain amount of time before they're ready for use. I'm sure that's an industry standard. Most of the time, it's done after hours so that guests aren't affected. Believe me, I know every ride has different requirements, but it's a basic requirement to cycle a car on any kind of ride multiple times before it's ready for use after a rebuild.

I think its good.We should change as the environment changes.It might hurt some Halloween but in general it will be good.The copy rights issues should be clear.

Rockit has all 7 trains on site for the first time in about 2 years, or longer. They're not all quite in running condition, but once the last two get their last repairs/assembled fully, 6 train operation is a possibility in the near future. Of course, that could also depend on possible operational change as well...

Heard a rumor that there will be an express line by Saturday. If so :happy: if not :'(

If they can get the trains to run consistently without a ton of breakdowns, I think it can happen. I would love to see them use Express, but they have to get the system right.

Better yet, I rather see them open it to City Walk instead of Express, but that's me.

Edit: If Express will be as bad as single riders, then save it.

Last edited: