Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HRRR is probably Universal’s biggest PR item. Potter is on all the branding but any time a celebrity visits or they want to show a ride experience, HRRr is front and centre.
It certainly gets plenty of people riding it. I spend a lot of time at HHN watching the screams up there but am still glad it is not a must do for me. Guess I'm getting old and unless it is glass smooth and swooping I have better things to do with my park time. (MiB)

It has the worst queue ever, and the song list is way outdated, but the footprint is very clever (even with the NYC poop). No way anything else fits there. The only way to replace this is with a smoother version of a very similar layout. And a better queue. Hasta!

Seems like there is no in-between with RRR....you either love it or hate it. If it ever is replaced I think that it will be for a major IP coaster.

Seems like there is no in-between with RRR....you either love it or hate it. If it ever is replaced I think that it will be for a major IP coaster.

It's kind of become an IP like Space Mountain/PoTC/Haunted Mansion considering that the GP label it as a "must-do" and a favorite. RRR is a fun ride, but I understand why people hate it. As a theme park fan I hate what it did to NY, but it does make the skyline look nice.

I do think it needs a major facelift, update track or vehicles to be smoother, upgrade queue to be more enjoyable and to find a solution to the metal detectors.

I feel the music options are HRRRs Achilles heel... and the lack of updates severely dates the ride. I’ve never really understood the pop music angle as well... why not call the attraction SoundTrack and use popular movie theme sound tracks for the audio?

No one's arguing that Rockit isn't popular with guests - it's the only obvious "thrill" coaster at the park.

I'm just saying that once Rockit becomes too expensive to maintain/hits its shelf life, that sucker's coming down. They'll put something else up, I'm sure.

Everything about this attraction is terrible. I will celebrate the day it's gone.
Positive:Kinetic energy, narrow footprint that doesn't fit most anything else, the weenie in the front of the park, and a ride that the GP generally likes. It does have it's attributes, though the hard core technical coaster crowd seems to dislike it.

Reactions: Ridgepole
I feel the music options are HRRRs Achilles heel... and the lack of updates severely dates the ride. I’ve never really understood the pop music angle as well... why not call the attraction SoundTrack and use popular movie theme sound tracks for the audio?

Because even with the outdatedness of the music options, older pop songs still hold up in GP’s minds more than movie soundtracks. If my mom were to choose a song, they’d much rather have Intergalactic or I Will Survive than the BttF or Pyscho theme.

Everything about this attraction is terrible. I will celebrate the day it's gone.

I agree, the ride never feels like it fits in the park, even with the them of music videos since the execution of that is lackluster. Also the ride is rough. If you're lucky, it can run fine, but if you're not... it's not a fun ride. Hulk gets rough and has the shoulder restraints, but I always dislike this one more.

As for the queue however, good for the attraction, the loading attraction has always been a bit disorderly or my taste.

Posting in this thread as well, they switched to ticket scanners for the lockers at Rockit
image1.jpg
image0.jpg

It has the worst queue ever
Yup. No theming, and the characters they came up with for the videos are getting damn stale.
and the song list is way outdated
Yup. Give me "I Can't Drive 55" and anything by Daft Punk not called "Harder Better Faster Stronger", eliminate The Black Eyed Peas, and I'm there.
but the footprint is very clever (even with the NYC poop).
Yup! One of my favorite things about riding R3 is getting to just look to my right and see the whole of the Studios, plus Downtown Orlando (if I look hard enough).