Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

IANAL but from my understanding it'd still be a public performance of the songs and would require licensing as such even if the videos wouldn't be sold

IANAL either, but I do have a degree in music business (kids, don't get a degree in music business). A lot of venues have wider blanket licenses with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC, and I would be somewhat surprised if Universal didn't have all three already. (If someone is bored, look through all the songs that are performed there - some places will strictly go through and remove any unlicensed songs, but that would require intimate knowledge of the rights libraries.)

I know some (all?) of the secret songs are not included on ride videos made - odds are the RRR songs themselves were hand selected to do the videos, but I'm guessing just about any song could be added on w/o ride video.

Pardon my asking, but what does "valley" mean, as a verb in this case?

If two hills are the peaks the middle, lower part between those hills is the valley. So valleying means the coaster crests hill one, doesn’t make it over hill two, and then stalls in the valley.

There are many reasons why a coaster would valley; Gatekeeper at CP valleyed due to a gust of high winds hitting at the right time. I’m guessing HRRR valleyed due to the colder than normal temperatures this morning.

If two hills are the peaks the middle, lower part between those hills is the valley. So valleying means the coaster crests hill one, doesn’t make it over hill two, and then stalls in the valley.

There are many reasons why a coaster would valley; Gatekeeper at CP valleyed due to a gust of high winds hitting at the right time. I’m guessing HRRR valleyed due to the colder than normal temperatures this morning.

When the train goes over one hill or through an element and doesn't make it through or over the next.
Ah! So, it went over the lift hill, but it didn't make it across the loop?

On the other hand, wow that’s a painful ride! I never suffer with any pains etc on rides but this really hurt our heads. We’ll maybe ride it once more in the daylight but unlikely again after that.

It's the only ride that gives me a splitting headache. Every, single, time.

Even with the pacing issues that @JungleSkip mentioned, I still really, really want to love this ride. I actually like the kinetic energy it provides and the start of the ride is amazing. The way they sync whatever song to that first drop is a total rush.
I just don't ride it anymore because of the headache issue. I opt out every time and now I'm just the old guy who let's his kid go ride it without him.

Ah! So, it went over the lift hill, but it didn't make it across the loop?

Yes!

It's the only ride that gives me a splitting headache. Every, single, time.

Even with the pacing issues that @JungleSkip mentioned, I still really, really want to love this ride. I actually like the kinetic energy it provides and the start of the ride is amazing. The way they sync whatever song to that first drop is a total rush.
I just don't ride it anymore because of the headache issue. I opt out every time and now I'm just the old guy who let's his kid go ride it without him.

Our second ride was actually front row on the front car and it was much better, this did persuade us to ride a few more times but from there we just always asked to be in the first car.

Tear. it. down.

This coaster has been more than a PR nightmare for the park

Except it still rates ridiculously highly on guest satisfaction, so it's not going anywhere. Especially when there are more pressing issues in the park. I would love for it to be replaced with a B&M or something, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon