Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

When this happens, is the next train still in the station or are guests stuck going straight up?

stuck. They were there for about 25 minutes. Universal staff then blocked off the entire area and rerouted everyone past shrek.

When ready, It ascended slowly then was sent to fall back on the ‘loop’. A fire brigade were on hand to take them down from the valley of the loop.

I love this ride. Even though it has almost killed me a few times. This ride adds a lot to the park and having a huge coaster outside really helps as well. I’m all for taking it down if it’s replaced in the future for a better coaster.

When this happens, is the next train still in the station or are guests stuck going straight up?
Most likely still in the station or at the base of the lift hill. I don't think the train will go up the lift hill until the train ahead hits the first MCBR.

EDIT: Guess it was on the lift hill.

stuck. They were there for about 25 minutes. Universal staff then blocked off the entire area and rerouted everyone past shrek.

When ready, It ascended slowly then was sent to fall back on the ‘loop’. A fire brigade were on hand to take them down from the valley of the loop.

Whats interesting is there is a train on the MCBR after the loop. So did it valley on purpose to get them off the lift hill since there was a train on the MCBR after the loop?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wait, guests were evacuated on the lift hill or on the valley?

I also now understand why the brakes were installed on the drop

In the "valley". And yes, it was done on purpose.

The ride broke down and a train was stuck in brake 1. The following train had already been dispatched and was ascending the lift, but since the train in brake 1 was stopped, the train on the lift also stopped. Most of the time the ride can just be restarted, but apparently in this case whatever stopped the train in brake 1 was serious enough to require an evac. In the past, a train stopped on the lift would be slowly cranked to the top of the lift and evacuated by the fire department (over 160ft in the air...), which was a huge headache. But as it's been pointed out already, new brakes were added to the drop to prevent an evac like that from happening again. So now, in the event of an evac with a train stopped on the lift, the train can be slowly cranked to the top, the new brakes can be enabled, and the train can be released, slowly coming to a stop at a much lower/easier to ecav point of the ride. There's even a special rolling staircase specifically for this kind of situation. I believe this is the first time they've had to use this procedure with guests, but it seems to have gone well!

In the "valley". And yes, it was done on purpose.

The ride broke down and a train was stuck in brake 1. The following train had already been dispatched and was ascending the lift, but since the train in brake 1 was stopped, the train on the lift also stopped. Most of the time the ride can just be restarted, but apparently in this case whatever stopped the train in brake 1 was serious enough to require an evac. In the past, a train stopped on the lift would be slowly cranked to the top of the lift and evacuated by the fire department (over 160ft in the air...), which was a huge headache. But as it's been pointed out already, new brakes were added to the drop to prevent an evac like that from happening again. So now, in the event of an evac with a train stopped on the lift, the train can be slowly cranked to the top, the new brakes can be enabled, and the train can be released, slowly coming to a stop at a much lower/easier to ecav point of the ride. There's even a special rolling staircase specifically for this kind of situation. I believe this is the first time they've had to use this procedure with guests, but it seems to have gone well!
Good info. :thumbsup: