Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Homemade Butterbeer Recipe

Feb 1, 2008
Atlantic City, NJ
Brian and myself have been craving that Butterbeer we had while at the Wizarding World, so we've been tweaking a homemade recipe for the past 2 days and finally perfected it. Here ya go.

http://orlandounited.com/theme-parks-at-home-homemade-butterbeer/

Enjoy! :happy:

EDIT: Made a newer simpler foam recipe that tastes identical and authentic to the park version.

1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of imitation butter extract

Whip to froth consistency and layer on top of cream soda as usual.

Last edited:
I'll :rep: you after I taste it. :thumbs: Or not. :lol: Sounds good though. Maybe add some spice to the soda? :shrug:

Next you guys need to make a recipe for pumpkin juice. :lol:

Last edited:
You guys are truly awesome! I just need to pick up some IBC and I'll be testing this out myself. If it's even close to TWWoHP's, you guys are my heroes. :lol:

I want to know from those who have tasted the real deal & made this up how close is it. Let's say from a 1 (not really close) to a 10 (perfect you can't tell the difference). I'll still make some up just wondering how close we are talking

Quick question, will Whipped Cream work the same as Heavy Cream or would the tastes/effects differ?

Quick question, will Whipped Cream work the same as Heavy Cream or would the tastes/effects differ?

Not sure...but with the Whipped Cream I don't think you would need to add the sugar or powdered sugar into the foam mixture. I haven't tried plain whipped cream though. I just wanted to make the foam from scratch for the first time.

Whipped Cream could be used as an alternative if you are craving one bad. :lol: I strongly suggest however you do it from scratch. More control on what the final product of the foam will taste like as well as the consistency.

Well I've been trying to make one myself, but the only brand of cream soda sold here in mexico is pink and has a hint of strawberry. So i've been drinking strawberry Butterbeer. It's not as good.
photoon20100629at0105.jpg

i have been using jones soda. with reddiwhip and powdered sugar and a pinch of creme of tarter and a few dropps of almond extract in a countertop mixer and blend till frothy.

I haven't been able to get the IBC and the Heavy Cream yet but I tried a little sample of my own just now.

I replaced the Heavy Cream and the sugars with Whipped Cream and used the Vanilla Extract as you instructed and the foam tasted very similar.

I'm sure the Heavy Cream and sugars mix will be much better but until I get to the store, this will definitely do. Thanks guys! :rep:

I've been meaning to buy some cream soda from the store

I've never had it, and if that's all butter beer really is i can save a lot of money haha