Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hong Kong Disneyland $1.4 Billion Overhaul

I am somewhat surprised that they didn't want to limit capacity, and just use it to be more similar to Imgaination on pausing. Seems like this would've made a lot of sense to do something like that, if the Omnimover had to be kept.

It uses space quite well, and while I do think there are..some concerns, quite a bit of it looks stellar. Love the way they handled the Boss Fight scene.

What I am loving, is that they actually are connecting the other attractions together. You can actually notice that in the attraction itself, when they do exchanges of the Bot invasion in the Hong Kong city (that leads into Iron Man Experience). Interested to see where the story concludes, when they get to it.

Last edited:
I am somewhat surprised that they didn't want to limit capacity, and just use it to be more similar to Imgaination on pausing. Seems like this would've made a lot of sense to do something like that, if the Omnimover had to be kept.

It uses space quite well, and while I do think there are..some concerns, quite a bit of it looks stellar. Love the way they handled the Boss Fight scene.

What I am loving, is that they actually are connecting the other attractions together. You can actually notice that in the attraction itself, when they do exchanges of the Bot invasion in the Hong Kong city (that leads into Iron Man Experience). Interested to see where the story concludes, when they get to it.
There was also a Shield Academy that was in DCA, and it is connected to Iron Man experience because Tony mentions Hong Kong.

So apparently the Frozen area at this park will be called Arrendelle: World of Frozen (as if they just just took the name of Pandora and switched out some words). Also, the second ride in the land is going to basically be a Frozen themed version of SDMT, apparently called "Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs".

Yeah, no way it's an exact clone. There is literally no reason to build the overlayed Maelstrom out there. I figure it'll be the same concept but with some minor differences. Hopefully a little longer..

Yeah, no way it's an exact clone. There is literally no reason to build the overlayed Maelstrom out there. I figure it'll be the same concept but with some minor differences. Hopefully a little longer..
From what the HKDL rumors are (and a document leak, I believe), there is virtually no difference between the rides. Who would've ever thought Maelstrom would get cloned across the world.

From what the HKDL rumors are (and a document leak, I believe), there is virtually no difference between the rides. Who would've ever thought Maelstrom would get cloned across the world.

And 30+ years later..

Frozen Ever After is going everywhere. Paris and TDS are getting it, too.
Which is funny because some people sware Tokyo doesn’t like clones and would spend to get something different. Even though some of the rides at TDS use the same ride systems as the ones in the states.

Last edited:
Which is funny because people aware Tokyo doesn’t like clones and would spend to get something different. Even though some of the rides at TDS use the same ride systems as the ones in the states.
TDS just opened (a beautiful) version of Soarin' and they have TSM, too. They clone rides. But Tokyo also does really cool unique rides too.