Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hong Kong Disneyland $1.4 Billion Overhaul

Building a 2nd park there would possibly be the biggest mistake in all of Disney's park history. I'm going to wager it never gets built.

Frozen should get them a little spike though. Are we still of the belief it's Frozen's version of Seven Dwarves Mine Train?
It’s FEA and what looks to be a Frozen-version of SDMT. I haven’t bothered much to look into what the rumors are, though.

HKDL is a great little park and will soon be even better with these additions. I was honestly not all that impressed with Ocean Park, other than the animal exhibits. I was surprised it was so highly-rated but it didn't meet my expectations at all. Some fun little rides though, for sure.

An amazingly beautiful drone video of HK while closed - showing all the expansion projects underway:

Via Themeparx:

I wonder how this already struggling park will do after the pandemic, I guess at least it will have some great new attractions to encourage people back?

If the projects are underway across the planet, surely that means DL’s and WDW’s projects will resume, right?

Probably not the thread for it but since you asked... not necessarily.

Projects already started at parks Disney wholly owns - DL, WDW & DLP are probably ok, anything which hasn't broken ground already is probably cancelled or delayed.

Projects at the other global Disney parks - these parks are all part owned by Disney so I suspect any projects will continue as planned as they have financial commitments with co owners.

Unfortunately, unlike Universal, Disney does not believe in spending it's way out of a crisis.

I like it!

106773854_1645695302245719_935890691885706540_o.jpg

These photos are of today. Just the rock work, but it does give me worry as this just looks like Galaxy's Edge rocks with snow on them. And SWGE is going to be right next door to this land when all is said and done.

Eh, bring on the rock work. This might be the one of the best Disneyland parks when all is said and done.

The new nighttime show Momentous debuted last month. It's the first new show designed for their new castle (and utilizing the fountains in front of it) and it's amazing. It reminds me quite a bit of Happily Ever After. Wish we had something this good at MK, but i'm happy for HKDL at least.

Credit to HKDL Fantasy for this great multi-angle.

Looking at the construction pics, this is definitely one of those times where HKDL's location works really well in its favor. The mountains surrounding the park add quite a bit to the land!

It's hard to keep track of which Frozen land is which, because I believe three are currently in motion between France, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.

Hong Kong's getting Frozen Ever After and a flat ride, right? Or is Hong Kong the one also getting a coaster?

It's hard to keep track of which Frozen land is which, because I believe three are currently in motion between France, Hong Kong, and Tokyo.

Hong Kong's getting Frozen Ever After and a flat ride, right? Or is Hong Kong the one also getting a coaster?
Hong Kong is getting FEA, Wondering Oaken's coaster (exclusive) and a flat in 2023. WDSP is only getting FEA. TokyoSea is getting FEA and a Full service dining as a part of Fantasy Springs, which has been delayed to 2024.

The coaster is the faux rock formation just to the left of castle in the first picture.

Looking at the construction pics, this is definitely one of those times where HKDL's location works really well in its favor. The mountains surrounding the park add quite a bit to the land!
That was what caught my eye as well. Looks gorgeous.