Hotel Recommendations Near Universal

highfiveandy

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2011
Vero Beach FL
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the best hotel close to Universal but not on Universal property. Really hoping to find a good spot to lock into for repeat visits that doesn't break the bank but still in good shape. The lower the price the better!

Andysol

Veteran Member
Jun 21, 2016
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the best hotel close to Universal but not on Universal property. Really hoping to find a good spot to lock into for repeat visits that doesn't break the bank but still in good shape. The lower the price the better!
Surfside. Take advantage of the Busses and early entry.

If you go much cheaper, you're either sacrificing location and/or quality... and significantly so.

Reactions: GadgetGuru

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I enjoy the DoubleTree to the east of property and the Hilton Garden Inn on North I Drive. But compare those rates and amenities to the ones at Surfside, I think you might be surprised how cheap that hotel can get.

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
I just vacationed for a few days at Surfside, highly recommend it for both price, value, and convinience to the parks. Highly highly recommend as I think until I earn a little more $, thats our spot from now on. Staying again at Surfside for a week next April. I found the staff to be very helpful and personable as well. Nice to recognize some faces when you're back at your hotel at night.

Reactions: Mad Dog

NYG

Apr 21, 2013
Definitely need to recommend The Point. It's right near Surfside, and depending on the weekend, you could find rooms for under $100. The pool, bar and hot tub are great.

It's a bit rundown, but the Best Western Orlando Gateway is next door to The Point and is also an afffordable option, so long as your intent is to just crash there and not spend free time hanging around.

WAJAS98

Veteran Member
Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
This is more for convention goers, but Sonesta Es has a good free hot breakfast. Plus, they have suites and are across the street from I-Drive 360. Free shuttle to Universal as well.