Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

House of Horrors Replacement

I didn't get an email about that, but I was in the park a few days ago and they had the moving statue character (at the very beginning of the maze) out which I had never seen other than at HHN. Maybe that's the "gargoyle" they are referring to?

BREAKING NEWS: House of Horrors will officially close September 1st (My birthday)! It will run again throughout HHN for Face Off, but after closing night of the event, we'll have to put this in the vaults. This is straight from the actors who worked it.

I've been hearing that this will be replaced with retail and dining.

I'm gonna miss it, but I'm not surprised. Glad it held up as long as it did. Does anyone think that the dining place(s) will be a sit-down restaurant? 

BREAKING NEWS: House of Horrors will officially close September 1st (My birthday)! It will run again throughout HHN for Face Off, but after closing night of the event, we'll have to put this in the vaults. This is straight from the actors who worked it.

I've been hearing that this will be replaced with retail and dining.
That was unexpected. While I really wanted HOH to get replaced by a new attraction, I'm actually quite saddened hearing it will be removed. :( Edit: didn't read that last part.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Agreed.. I was actauly thinking it would leave by the end of the decade but I didn't think this soon.

^^

I'm betting another Starbucks for the Upperlot or something that's already in the park that's chain related. pardon if I ask but will the Photoshop close too for the HOH overhaul?

Yup, heard it from my direct sources from the park actors and cast members as well. They had meetings with HR and management about the closure today. Official last day for the public is September 1st. Then, as stated, it will run as a HHN maze, and then completely close after HHN is over.

While I'm not the biggest fan of mazes, HoH has been growing on me and I love how detailed it is an all of its history.

I hope this news about becoming retail or MORE food is completely false. I'd hope it'd be replaced by another attraction. Losing an attraction for retail and or food is ridiculous. Especially since the combination of HoH plus Globe Theatre would be enough space for a good sized family attraction....

As I hear more new info, I'll post. I've heard both new attraction to be added before 2016 (which would be a blessing) as well as the retail rumor....but...we'll see.

I know the space for HoH isn't huge, but damm, wouldn't it be overkill space wise to have it be retail or dining?!

I really don't think HOH isn't that big of a attraction... Unless which might just happen due to Blues moved out of

the venue.. Hollywoodland photo *might of gotten that wrong*, HOH, and the Blues Brothers venue gets taken

down by Grinchmas with Blues cleared of its benches and all that for crowd flow and then in January, They wall off

that area and start construction on a dark ride there. If they redo the entire HOH building, the Photo shop and the

Blues venue you get a good space for a small family attraction as I don't think Globe theatre is leaving just on how

valuable it is for the Eyegore awards and other things. 

^^

I'm betting another Starbucks for the Upperlot or something that's already in the park that's chain related. 
LOL, 

I'm gonna miss it, but I'm not surprised. Glad it held up as long as it did. Does anyone think that the dining place(s) will be a sit-down restaurant? 
I hope its a sit down. If it is I wonder if it will be themed or if it will be something original. It would be nice to have something with a similar concept to Planet Hollywood with props from Universal films located within the building. (Or you know bring Antojitos or Mythos to USH).

While I'm not the biggest fan of mazes, HoH has been growing on me and I love how detailed it is an all of its history. I hope this news about becoming retail or MORE food is completely false. I'd hope it'd be replaced by another attraction. Losing an attraction for retail and or food is ridiculous. Especially since the combination of HoH plus Globe Theatre would be enough space for a good sized family attraction....

I know the space for HoH isn't huge, but damm, wouldn't it be overkill space wise to have it be retail or dining?!
Completely agree.

^

1.) You think i'm kidding? I think it might be a bigger starbucks with store or what I said above your post as they can do it in a

short amount of time just like Universal Plaza, they can get it done for a Holiday release by the time of now..

2.) I think... If they do that instead of my 2 things, i'd eat there before springfield to see the props, or even they might just

Moving the NBCUniversal Experience up to HOH's spot but not sure bout that.

3.) I hope for the best of what they do...

I think its all on... lets hope for the best.

If I'm not mistaken, House of Horrors + Globe Theater takes up almost the exact amount of space as Spaghetti Space Chase in Singapore.  Wouldn't it be awesome if they build that ride here and themed it to Despicable Me?

The park still needs more rides for children, particularly ones with a height requirement below 40 inches.

I agree, but Special Events has monopoly over that venue. One could wish since a small children's ride in that area would make perfect sense alongside Despicable Me.

^^^^^^^ (allens post.)

Interesting... So, if i'm wrong just tell me. Hollywoodland photos, HOH, and Blues brothers venue closing?

Kinda seems something is going on there that I think isn't a retail if those 3 are going and heres my

explaniation, they have a venue now at Plaza and that would fit in well. And let me rethink about that

Globe... Hollywoodland+HOH+Old Blues brothers venue+Globe theatre would create a rather big show

building.. Let me rethink about that.