Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How do these plans look?

May 27, 2018
I've finalized my plans and only have one thing I'm rethinking. Please tell me what you think...

July 20: Leave the house at 5:30AM, arrive at 6:15 AM and check in (Portofino, club level). I know we won't get the room yet, but we only have a short time there. Get our theme park tickets and hope that the manager will allow us to go to the concierge lounge for a quick breakfast before heading over to Universal for the early entry. Spend time at the park, at the pool, etc.

July 21: Wake up early, have breakfast and head to Islands of Adventure for the day. Spend time at the park, pool, etc.

July 22: Request late check out, use the pool, check out and then continue using the pool and concierge amenities for the day (I'm not sure Universal allows this, but Disney did. Our room keys no longer worked, but we were able to access club level).

I know this is vague, but the problem is that I haven't decided on the dining plan yet. I currently have it booked, but with club level, we can save money eating their free food. Also, Im considering different restaurants. I'm considering the burger/sushi place and/or the chocolate place.

I checked the menus and found the most expensive thing on the menu and then added that to a quick service meal, a snack and a beverage and it seems like it might be a wash compared to the dining plan. However, I also know that there are limited menus for dining plan.

What are your thoughts on my plans and what are your thoughts on my dining plan conundrum?

I'd skip the dining plan. You only save a few bucks, at most, and you lose the flexibility of eating much more varied, and interesting, food at restaurants you choose......Concerning the club level in the morning of your arrival. They will give you a room key (which now also serves as your Express Pass) upon arrival check in, even though your room probably won't be ready that early. . So my guess would be that you should be able to make it into the Club lounge area since that door utilizes your hotel card for entrance.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a copy of the cowfish dining plan menu? How limited are the selections on the dining plan?

I'm pretty sure Universal allows you club access all day on the day you check out. I've done it at the Hard Rock so I assume all of the hotels allow it.