How does the meal deal work? | Inside Universal Forums

How does the meal deal work?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 27, 2011
Been to usf many many times, when I lived in Florida it was our weekend place to be but we have never tried the meal deal.

Just trying to understand how they work.. how many meals can I get. My kids are more snack monsters than meals.

thanks

The Meal Deal includes one entree and one dessert per trip thru the food line, but beverages are not included. They do offer an add-on for a cup that allows you to get all the beverages you want for an additional $7-8 or so.

Been to usf many many times, when I lived in Florida it was our weekend place to be but we have never tried the meal deal.

Just trying to understand how they work.. how many meals can I get. My kids are more snack monsters than meals.

thanks

If you like simple theme park food, its absolutely worth it and if you plan to jump to both parks, the extra $2 for the 2 parks is worth it.

BUT I prefer to eat at Comic Strip Cafe in Toon Lagoon, and International in World Expo, because it offers more than just burgers and fries. Also the chicken fingers in the Discovery Center and Pizza and the Italian place in USF is good too :thumbs:

oh I remember the chix fingers lol.. they were good.

We are doing 2 days, 1 day usf and the other ioa. From what I am seeing, that will require me to buy 2 1 day meal deal tickets then right?

thanks again

oh I remember the chix fingers lol.. they were good.

We are doing 2 days, 1 day usf and the other ioa. From what I am seeing, that will require me to buy 2 1 day meal deal tickets then right?

thanks again

Correct, those are $19.99, and the buy the BLUE refillable bottle, NOT the red one, the Blue one is $2 more and have unlimited free soda refills in both parks, and Pear Juice and Pumpkin juice in the 3 broomsticks in WWoHP, the Red one you have to pay $.60 I think for each refill.

Its a good deal, as long as you are going to be there all day and eat several meals.
You can through as many times as you want and get what ever you want, even if it just a dessert or fries for a quick snack. I like it because I can skip the fries and not feel like I am getting robbed
It has been a couple years since I have done it but we have used it at Louie's, Captain Americas, International film (awesome Chicken Parmesan) Comic Strip, and one place in Seuss that I can't remember.

Correct, those are $19.99, and the buy the BLUE refillable bottle, NOT the red one, the Blue one is $2 more and have unlimited free soda refills in both parks, and Pear Juice and Pumpkin juice in the 3 broomsticks in WWoHP, the Red one you have to pay $.60 I think for each refill.

When did this blue bottle come about?

Can you buy it separately from the meal deal or do you have to have the meal deal bands?

I believe the Blue bottle is only a part of the Meal Deal. The red bottle is the only one you can purchase, which has the $.69 refills. Still not to shabby, if you ask me.

Yeah it's not too bad really, I always end up with a pocket full of change every time because I am too useless and incompetent to use it correctly :lol:. I may get a meal deal one day and then keep hold of the blue bottle for the rest of the holiday as we tend to sometimes get the meal deal, but never get the blue bottle before. :bang:

I dont really use it because i'd rather get a drink in my refillable cup and get something like a pretzel or dippind dots in between rides. Unless you are going to have more then 2 stops at the restaraunt dont get it.

The last couple of times I've gone, I just bought one meal deal, gone through the line for a meal for the wife, and then gone again for myself, we tend to sit away from the registers, and haven't had any problems at all.

The last couple of times I've gone, I just bought one meal deal, gone through the line for a meal for the wife, and then gone again for myself, we tend to sit away from the registers, and haven't had any problems at all.

Yeah me and the missus did the same thing, or we went to a few restaurants in each island and shared a meal so it was like half a meal, I don't think the workers really care unless you get that Jaws Skipper :lol:

Yeah me and the missus did the same thing, or we went to a few restaurants in each island and shared a meal so it was like half a meal, I don't think the workers really care unless you get that Jaws Skipper :lol:

JS: SIR! I must follow you to your table and sit down and eat with you to make sure you are the only one eating this meal and it is strictly forbidden to share food on the Meal Deal.
ME: Does that come with fries??
JS: SIR! This is not a joke, violation of the Meal Deal rules is subject to immediate expulsion from the park and a ban of one year.
ME: Ok....does that comes with fries?
JS: SIR! You really must take this seriously, as I am not joking.
ME: OK no problem, *doing fake sign language and speaking really slow* does that come with fries?
JS: Ummm.....no
ME: OK then you're not sitting with me unless you want people to ask you when was the last time someone gave you a wedgie.

Last edited:
Reactions: batsmouth
From @OrlandoInformer

Richter's Burger Co. Now listed as a @UniversalORL Meal Deal restaurant. Monsters must be closing very soon.

ibxfpw8efgQJI4.jpg