How it Should Have Ended: The Studio Tour | Inside Universal Forums

How it Should Have Ended: The Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 15, 2015
Forget Fast and Furious Supercharged.  The Studio Tour used to be about the magic of movies, and how they are made.  The Tour should end with this in mind.

In the place of Fast and Furious.  The tram drives into a building, roughly the size of Earthquake.  The lights are off as the tram drives in.  (All the action happens on the right side of the tram.  The left side of the tram is simply a blank wall.)  As the lights fade up, scrims that separate the cars like they do in room 2 of Fast and Furious come down.  As the lights fades in, you find yourself looking into a theater from the back row.  There are red seats and an aisle down the middle of the theater.  A clip from "The Line Runners" (Universal's first movie) begins to play on the screen in the theater as the lights once again fade, but not to complete black. The screen continues to show the film screen.  The scene plays for about 10 seconds, until one of the characters walks off the screen into the theater (through the help of hidden scrims).  The scene continues though, as if nothing strange was happening.  At this point, the film begins to change, as characters from other movies enter the film and theater chronologically from their films release date.  More and more effects are added as they evolved on film, such as sound, then non-stationary cameras to color, to cgi.  At one point the t-rex could enter the theater.  I haven't quite decided on the ending of this whole sequence.  Maybe it could involve Carl Laemmle walking out of the theater into the film.  The lights would fade to black again.  And the tram would exit the building.  The finale the Tour deserves.

There doesn't need to be any motion.  It wouldn't cost 100's of millions of dollars.  And it would be relevant to the Tour.

I think this is a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, the park has seemed to completely deviate from its movie magic history and into the world of what's hot NOW. I'm curious to see what the future of this park holds. If it continues on this path, I wouldn't be surprised to see a purely theme park environment completely devoid of any Universal history.  :(

I don't think the park would ever be devoid of Universal history- but I definitely agree with how they're focusing on nothing but what's hot right now.

Counting the minutes until Chris Pratt is spotted in the Jurassic Park ride, like Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean.