Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How Long Do You Spend in Animal Kingdom?

How long do you spend in Animal Kingdom?

• Less than 3 hours.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • 3 to 6 hours.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • 6 to 9 hours.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • 9 to 12 hours.

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
Since AK is so small, even though when I go there I want to see everything, since I go there so rarely, I can really only spend about 5-6 hours in it, especially considering my family has no interest in the different trails, and just wants to ride the attractions and leave.

Since AK is so small, even though when I go there I want to see everything, since I go there so rarely, I can really only spend about 5-6 hours in it, especially considering my family has no interest in the different trails, and just wants to ride the attractions and leave.

DAK is the largest park on property. :thumbs:

Anyway, working at DAK gave me more insight as to just how much is in this park. No, it may not be the park with all the rides, but the few rides/shows it has are special. Dinosaur, Everest, and the Safaris are all unique and special. I'm personally not the biggest fan of Kali River Rapids, but I'm just not a water ride guy. The Festival of the Lion King has been consistently rated as the best show on Disney property. If you've never seen it, go see it. It's worth not riding Everest an extra time before park hopping.

On a Park Hopping day, I spend about 4, maybe 5 hours there. But like others said, if I'm not rushing I can spend a lot more time taking everything in.

I usually only go to see Festival of the Lion King. That takes less than 3 hours to accomplish. Even when I was with company the other day, we did rides and we were done in less than 3 hours.

I hope everyone realizes that doing "everything" is awfully subjective. I'm sure first-timers have no problem spending a full day between the rides, shows, and animal attractions. We just choose not to.

This is my favorite Theme Park so I'm usually there 6-9 if I can help it. It has really good food options and Tusker House is a relatively cheap yet tasty lunch buffet. I love Dinosaur, Everest and Kilimanjaro. FOLK is my favorite show of any theme park (I do like Nemo, too, though). I could watch the animals all day, the trails and exhibits are the best parts for me. The only thing I really don't care to do (save when my nieces are with me) is Rafiki's Planet Watch.

This is my favorite Theme Park so I'm usually there 6-9 if I can help it. It has really good food options and Tusker House is a relatively cheap yet tasty lunch buffet. I love Dinosaur, Everest and Kilimanjaro. FOLK is my favorite show of any theme park (I do like Nemo, too, though). I could watch the animals all day, the trails and exhibits are the best parts for me. The only thing I really don't care to do (save when my nieces are with me) is Rafiki's Planet Watch.

^This!

I've only been twice. But both times I've visited Animal Kingdom I was there from open to close. I wish the park was open later. And the only attraction I'm not fond of is the rapids ride. Going up that never-ending lift-hill, you'd think the ride would last forever. But instead there's just one drop that results in you either being 100% wet or 100% dry.

So it seems to me like people either love this park or hate it. People love the ambiance, or despise it because Beastly Kingdom got cut.

I've never seen it at night but always wanted to. I've been trying to do an EMH at AK for years but they're always on the weirdest days.

That's very true. It's one of my favorite parts of going in December. But doesn't have to do with the animals' sleeping schedules?

Yeah, I think so. And there isn't much to do when you cut Animals out of Animal Kingdom. But if they added an extra land with another E-ticket, as well as a couple smaller attractions, then I could totally see Animal Kingdom as a full day park.

Especially if they added a night show.

Especially if it used the tech from World of Color.

Take a freakin' hint, Disney.

Yeah, I think so. And there isn't much to do when you cut Animals out of Animal Kingdom. But if they added an extra land with another E-ticket, as well as a couple smaller attractions, then I could totally see Animal Kingdom as a full day park.

Especially if they added a night show.

Especially if it used the tech from World of Color.

Take a freakin' hint, Disney.

As amazing as that would be, you know PETA and other soul sucking groups would be up their rear ends about disturbing the animals' sleeping habits with loud nighttime entertainment.

I've never seen it at night but always wanted to. I've been trying to do an EMH at AK for years but they're always on the weirdest days.

It's rarely seen at night (yes, it's because of the animals' sleeping schedules). DAK is AZA (American Zoo Association) certified, and would easily lose the certification if they did anything but private parties in Dinoland at night (which are FUN to work) :lol:

Also, I saw someone mention EMH at DAK. The only EMH that DAK does are in the morning from 8-9 on select days. They don't do EMH at night for reasons stated above. As much as I'd like to see a nighttime spectacular like World of Color at DAK, it's just impossible.