How Long Do You Spend in the Magic Kingdom? | Inside Universal Forums

How Long Do You Spend in the Magic Kingdom?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How Long Do You Spend in the Magic Kingdom?

• Less than 3 hours.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • 3 to 6 hours.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 6 to 9 hours.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 9 to 12 hours.

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
Since I live no where near Orlando, the one or two times I go, I tend to want to spend a LOT of time in the park. unfortunately, my family doesn't really care as much as me, so I tend to stay for 6-9 hours or so in MK.

Oh man. I haven't been to Magic Kingdom since I was 11, but I remember my family being all hardcore with trying to go on as many rides as humanly possible. We'd get there 30 minutes early and wouldn't leave until after the fireworks.

We're finally going back next year or whenever phase 1 of Fantasyland opens.

My Family as gone to Disney about every other year, but we all are big fans and spend a lot of time in the parks. MK is our favorite and it has amazing Extra Magic Hours, so we can easily spend 9 to 12 hours there.

Easily 5-8hrs on a park-hopping day. I can easily spend an entire day (open-close) at Magic Kingdom, though. There's so much to do and Wishes is the best nighttime show on property.

I voted for 3-6 hours. I can't see myself doing a full day there anymore. With Extra Magic Hours and party nights (where I can do a lot more attractions in less time), I end up being able to do everything I want to do in a short amount of time.

6 to 9 hours. The large crowds make it the only park I plan a schedule for. Haunted Mansion and PhilharMagic are must sees. Pooh, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, and all the Mountain rides are juggled around depending on time.

It honestly depends on who I'm with. If I'm with my one friend, we will probably only do a few things then leave (so maybe 2-3 hours?) but if I'm with someone who can't go as often, then we usually spend more time there, maybe 5+ hours. Most Disney days for me are filled with hopping from park to park.

Since I go so often, I usually spend 3-6 hours at MK. If I am with a group with people who don't go often, I spend the whole day with them.

I would say about 3 hours. I used to spend a lot more time there but since for the past decade or so Disney seems intent on turning MK into a giant kiddie park, I am a lot less interested in spending time there. My 2 daughters (10 & 15) and I have zero interest in princesses or character M&Gs.

3-6

I just can't enjoy the park nearly as much as I used to since the place has become more and more kiddy-fied. I usually only do 6-8 attractions there and wander a bit before moving on.

I never spend more than 5 hours in a park. 3 is my usual. Live in Orlando and have an annual pass, so it's all about being able to go a bunch and just do a little bit each time.

But if you can't because it's a "kiddie" park, I feel for you.

I definitely enjoy parts, but overall, the place has gone from a world class park where everyone could enjoy themselves equally, to a kiddie park. I would have NEVER called the MK that 15 years ago. Then they decided to turn Tomorrowland into Fantasyland East and closed my favorite places to eat or made it so they're barely open at all. The focus on meet and greets in the park is off putting, and will be worse once New Fantasyland opens. Add on top of that a maintenance crew who is underfunded and understaffed compounding the deteriorating classic attractions, and you have a park that overall doesn't interest me. It not just about the toonification and kiddie-centered attitude the park now takes. It's about the general lack of class the park emanates compared to yesteryear.

When I go to the park I usually just hit Jungle Cruise, maybe Pirates, Big Thunder, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain, then head to Epcot or DHS.

I definitely enjoy parts, but overall, the place has gone from a world class park where everyone could enjoy themselves equally, to a kiddie park. I would have NEVER called the MK that 15 years ago. Then they decided to turn Tomorrowland into Fantasyland East and closed my favorite places to eat or made it so they're barely open at all. The focus on meet and greets in the park is off putting, and will be worse once New Fantasyland opens. Add on top of that a maintenance crew who is underfunded and understaffed compounding the deteriorating classic attractions, and you have a park that overall doesn't interest me. It not just about the toonification and kiddie-centered attitude the park now takes. It's about the general lack of class the park emanates compared to yesteryear.

When I go to the park I usually just hit Jungle Cruise, maybe Pirates, Big Thunder, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, and Space Mountain, then head to Epcot or DHS.

Aside from Stich, which isn't even a kiddie ride since it's a ride for no one, everything else can be equally enjoyed by everyone in Tomorrowland. I loved the Timekeeper too, but no one went to it. They wanted more butts in the seats and it worked. There is only one new meet and greet in the Expansion. Or am I wrong, I really am not sure. But isn't Belle and improvement of that storytime show. Even then, the idea is to make them into a whole experience. Something magical.