E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think after every post I make I'll leave a little card awaiting your condescending disagreement. :smile:

Yeah, its a shame they didn't or couldn't do it right.

It's not condescension. It's realism. Sure, a dark ride coaster would be cool!

It also was totally not possible for the company as it was in 07/08. And the ride we have is uproariously funny, so I can't complain.

Reactions: Fatality
And part of the ride's appeal originally was seeing that beloved 2015 they depicted in the Part 2.

Personally, I hated the dino. :lol:

It's quite funny you mention that, I was watching the video earlier thinking about how good the ride looked for something that came out in 1991. specially the t rex.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
It's quite funny you mention that, I was watching the video earlier thinking about how good the ride looked for something that came out in 1991. specially the t rex.

Yea, it looked good for its time, but it was comically big. Also, as dinosaurs became the "thing" after JP and set the precedent for how dinos look, it looked even more cheesy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
Yea, it looked good for it's time, but it was comically big. Also, as dinosaurs became the "thing" after JP and set the precedent for how dinos look, it looked even more cheesy.

What really annoyed me that I never noticed before is that they go underground at the Volcano and then head 'back to the future' and appear above ground. And in Orlando. Although I loved that ending smashing through the glass back into the building you just entered.

And part of the ride's appeal originally was seeing that beloved 2015 they depicted in the Part 2.

Personally, I hated the dino. :lol:

I kinda always wished there was a Wild West scene and a 1955 scene. You know, more actual stuff from the movies.
What really annoyed me that I never noticed before is that they go underground at the Volcano and then head 'back to the future' and appear above ground. And in Orlando. Although I loved that ending smashing through the glass back into the building you just entered.

The same thing happens in the movie itself when they first go from 1985 to 2015, they're at street level and then all of a sudden they're in a sky highway like a mile up or something.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
And in Orlando. Although I loved that ending smashing through the glass back into the building you just entered.

If I remember the story of the ride correctly, the Institute of Future Technology was actually located in Hill Valley. I seem to remember them referencing that at some point in the queue videos. It would only make sense that that's where Doc would found his business. And why would the Institute technicians be time travelling from 1990s Orlando to 1950s Hill Valley where Biff stowed away from? Or why was Biff in 1950s Orlando? :lol:

I always thought it was a shame they didn't build a Courthouse Square next to the ride where Men in Black ended up being.

Gringotts loads 24 people at a time on each side. ET loads two sides of 12. Gringotts loads 2x the amount of people ET does.

Transformers loads 24 at a time as well, but I'm willing to bet its dispatches are way faster than ET's. ET has individual lap bars to check, cards to scan, etc.
It's always seemed to me like ET dispatches faster. In any case while throughout is definitely part of it there is also the element of demand and how long people are willing to wait for any given attraction. The fact that ET can still command an hour wait alongside the recent additions certainly confirms its spot in the top tier of USF attractions. If the attraction wasn't that important once it reached around 15-30 minute waits people would simply opt not to get in line, as they apparently did with Shrek. I'm not saying it's future is garunteed but there is certainly very good reason to give the park management some concern over closing it.

Reactions: Clive
I kinda always wished there was a Wild West scene and a 1955 scene. You know, more actual stuff from the movies.

The same thing happens in the movie itself when they first go from 1985 to 2015, they're at street level and then all of a sudden they're in a sky highway like a mile up or something.
If I remember the story of the ride correctly, the Institute of Future Technology was actually located in Hill Valley. I seem to remember them referencing that at some point in the queue videos. It would only make sense that that's where Doc would found his business. And why would the Institute technicians be time travelling from 1990s Orlando to 1950s Hill Valley where Biff stowed away from? Or why was Biff in 1950s Orlando? :lol:

I always thought it was a shame they didn't build a Courthouse Square next to the ride where Men in Black ended up being.

If I was to start a business (well another one) and I had a choice, who wouldn't want to locate it in Universal Studios? :dance:

If BTTF was brought back, I'd love them to build the Courthouse Square.

It's always seemed to me like ET dispatches faster. In any case while throughout is definitely part of it there is also the element of demand and how long people are willing to wait for any given attraction. The fact that ET can still command an hour wait alongside the recent additions certainly confirms its spot in the top tier of USF attractions. If the attraction wasn't that important once it reached around 15-30 minute waits people would simply opt not to get in line, as they apparently did with Shrek. I'm not saying it's future is garunteed but there is certainly very good reason to give the park management some concern over closing it.

And that' s with it pretty well hidden in a back corner of the park.

I like "most" of the E.T. ride and do think it deserves to stay just for the fact that it's like a Peter Pan ride, but plussed and modernized, with a more realistic environment. There's very few rides with that kind of flying sensation

The second half of the ride is a bit, um, trippy though.

It must be really expensive to run as an attraction also.

Reactions: martymcflyy85

Because Doc went skyward. You can see the DeLorean's actual steep upward travel in the prologue. So it's natural that they entered flying higher up. (plus it's actual closer to the ground than it looks, the rain clouds obscured the city below; when the rain clears you can see the sky highway)

Sorry. BTTF nerd moment.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Because Doc went skyward. You can see the DeLorean's actual steep upward travel in the prologue. So it's natural that they entered flying higher up. (plus it's actual closer to the ground than it looks, the rain clouds obscured the city below; when the rain clears you can see the sky highway)

Sorry. BTTF nerd moment.
You're a BTTF nerd and you call the skyway the "sky highway?" Shame on you ;)

Jaws was pretty top-tier too, as was Kong when it closed in 2002.

[HASHTAG]#GodBlesstheDead[/HASHTAG]

Jaws was pretty top-tier too, as was Kong when it closed in 2002.

[HASHTAG]#GodBlesstheDead[/HASHTAG]
I don't recall how the wait times were for these, obviously they had larger throughput. I do think they weren't quite on the same level as ET as far as popularity though.