E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
vyqjbm.jpg
Nightmare fuel

I can see ET getting a slight upgrade next year or the year after, but nothing more. Speilberg will crap his pants if Universal touches it. Plus, ET is the last remaining original attraction.

I love ET for it's queue alone, I think I would be upset just to see the whole forest go. Probably my favorite part of the whole attraction.

so from what I heard this ride is not going anywhere for a very long long time... when they close the other two they ticked off too many people

If that's the case I sure hope they heavily update it soon.
I would love to see some refurb/updates as well. I do like the ride but it is showing age and could really use a tiny bit more excitement in it. I don't expect too much though because it is aimed for kids.

The one constant I've always heard in all these rumors in the past few years was E.T. isn't going anywhere, but KidZone was.

I hope they update this as well. I rarely choose to go to E.T. on my visits to Universal. Almost every time I ride it, it's because someone else that I'm with wants to ride it. The queue is an experience by itself and I admit I love being in there, but once you get on the bike, the ride goes downhill... The AAs need to be updated, everything seems very robotic; if you compare E.T.'s AAs to other AAs around Orlando theme parks, say for example those in Spaceship Earth... :look:... Also, they could update some of the sets, like the scene overlooking the city to make it look more realistic. And one more thing, you can barely understand ET at the end when he says your names and I'm sure they can improve that. I don't mean mispronouncing names, which is understandable for some names, but it just sounds like he's running names together or speaking plain gibberish.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I'm glad this isn't going anywhere. Yes, it needs some love but I love being transported to one of my favorite attractions as a kid, and well, pretty much exactly as it was.

The AAs need to be updated, everything seems very robotic; if you compare E.T.'s AAs to other AAs around Orlando theme parks, say for example those in Spaceship Earth... :look:...

I'll agree they need to be updated a bit, but comparing them to SSE's AAs isn't really being fair. SSE's are meant to be viewed for a long time. ET's are a quick flyby. The humans do need to be updated, but not to that extent.

Also, they could update some of the sets, like the scene overlooking the city to make it look more realistic.

That scene is fine, IMO. Nothing really wrong with it.

They should re-do the "Travelling thru Space" room. I remember a green laser used to shine thru the room as you head towards the Green Planet.

The biggest problem is the screeching of the tires on the track, that takes away from the ride so much and is by far the biggest problem in my opinion.

The biggest problem has always been ... The Green Planet. The entire ride leading up to The Green Planet captures the tone and thematic nature of the film: magical, adventurous, and slightly scary. Then The Green Planet gets healed... and we have big plants singing and bright colors and things swinging around on vines. It's a bad acid trip after watching Tarzan and Alice in Wonderland back-to-back.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
The biggest problem has always been ... The Green Planet. The entire ride leading up to The Green Planet captures the tone and thematic nature of the film: magical, adventurous, and slightly scary. Then The Green Planet gets healed... and we have big plants singing and bright colors and things swinging around on vines. It's a bad acid trip after watching Tarzan and Alice in Wonderland back-to-back.
Yeah, it seems like it is trying too hard to be Disney and it just silly.