E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's nothing stopping them from taking out Dueling Dragons they could do it anytime and add to Hogsmeade.

Indeed they could.

As for HHN, again it's still not an either or scenarios. A couple Sprung tents could be moved back a little far more easily than tearing down a building.

And then they lose their construction staging area for the current parks

Reactions: Mike S
There's nothing stopping them from taking out Dueling Dragons they could do it anytime and add to Hogsmeade. In fact the HE addition would have been the perfect opportunity they could have built the station a little further back and given us some forest themed area to go through before getting to Hogsmeade. I think the real reason is they didn't want to remove a popular coaster from IOA even now in current times under current management. IOA is a well balanced park and removing a coaster would have upset that a bit much like removing a family ride from a park would.

As for HHN, again it's still not an either or scenarios. A couple Sprung tents could be moved back a little far more easily than tearing down a building.

Back to the point at hand.

Universal has obviously thought of this. If they go ahead and decide ET needs to go and be without the ride for 2-3 years, it's because the other option was not feasible/fit in their plans for Nintendo or any future expansions around that area.

Indeed they could.

And then they lose their construction staging area for the current parks
Wouldn't WetNWild be a good option for this, in fact they're already using it for this for Volcano bay.
Back to the point at hand.

Universal has obviously thought of this. If they go ahead and decide ET needs to go and be without the ride for 2-3 years, it's because the other option was not feasible/fit in their plans for Nintendo or any future expansions around that area.
Yeah I think the point I'm trying to make is that when the time comes for ET to go it won't be because of anything other than ET itself. Every excuse that's been mentioned for why ET needs to be removed has other just as easy alternatives.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Wouldn't WetNWild be a good option for this, in fact they're already using it for this for Volcano bay.

Yeah I think the point I'm trying to make is that when the time comes for ET to go it won't be because of anything other than ET itself. Every excuse that's been mentioned for why ET needs to be removed has other just as easy alternatives.

You mean like cost of ET refurb being more expensive than Nintendo re-do? That's not exactly easy alternative.

Wet N Wild has other plans coming relatively soon.

I do think Nintendo Land feels a bit random for USF, but I do think they could make it fit if they:
1) Hammer in that USF isn't just "Ride the Movies" anymore, but a celebration of the whole entertainment industry, from movies (almost everything), to T.V. shows (Springfield, Fallon), to books (Diagon), to music (HRRR), to video games (Nintendo).
2) Have some sort of London-esque facade outside of Nintendo Land hiding it from the outside world. This was one of the best parts of Diagon and I think doing the same with Nintendo Land, to hide the fantastical elements behind a city-like environment, would make sense, considering most of USF has an urban feel anyway.

I do think Nintendo Land feels a bit random for USF, but I do think they could make it fit if they:
1) Hammer in that USF isn't just "Ride the Movies" anymore, but a celebration of the whole entertainment industry, from movies (almost everything), to T.V. shows (Springfield, Fallon), to books (Diagon), to music (HRRR), to video games (Nintendo).
2) Have some sort of London-esque facade outside of Nintendo Land hiding it from the outside world. This was one of the best parts of Diagon and I think doing the same with Nintendo Land, to hide the fantastical elements behind a city-like environment, would make sense, considering most of USF has an urban feel anyway.
I would love to see a Tokyo facade with Nintendo behind it!

Reactions: anihilnation
I would love to see a Tokyo facade with Nintendo behind it!

I think this would confuse people. I would love to see a really basic 2D set up. Something that makes sense up close but when viewed from the across the lagoon, would look incredible. You'd have to cut down all the trees to view it though.

Except London doesn't butt up against Springfield. Either way, a Tokyo facade would be extremely out of place at that location, and kind of out of place for Nintendo in general
I do agree with it being out of place for Nintendo. Any facade of any city if Universal chooses to do would be neat considering the majority of the park is based on real cities.

I was beating around the bush, but I'll just say don't expect to have Nintendo hidden by a city facade
That's actually kind of disappointing as I was hoping for this too. When you look at the "lands" of USF, it's basically all made up of major cities with rides within.

Tokyo facade would be nice, but probably would not fit Nintendo. Nintendo, I think, wants to be seen as global, not Japanese. Walking up from Springfield an 8-bit facade could be great, though I'm not sure how well that would work from Hollywood; then, Hollywood is tinsel town ...

Tokyo facade would be nice, but probably would not fit Nintendo. Nintendo, I think, wants to be seen as global, not Japanese. Walking up from Springfield an 8-bit facade could be great, though I'm not sure how well that would work from Hollywood; then, Hollywood is tinsel town ...

The entrance to KidZone is mostly hidden from Hollywood by Central Park

Reactions: anihilnation