E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would be really cool if E.T adventure would get a refurb with the kucka arm from HPatFJ. The car would be much more open w no panel over your head or large walls on your sides and would have a bike handle for the handle bars. The entire ride would have to be changed, and universal wouldn't use 2 of the same ride concepts, because every year they try to improve on ride technology. This is just a thought I had.

That would require a lot more than it's worth to refurbish a more dated IP for what it's worth.

It would be really cool if E.T adventure would get a refurb with the kucka arm from HPatFJ. The car would be much more open w no panel over your head or large walls on your sides and would have a bike handle for the handle bars. The entire ride would have to be changed, and universal wouldn't use 2 of the same ride concepts, because every year they try to improve on ride technology. This is just a thought I had.

That would require a lot more than it's worth to refurbish a more dated IP for what it's worth.

Have to agree with @Alexshow , they put in the $$ for FJ because it's Harry Potter, a dated IP isn't going to get Kuka arms. I like the idea of using more Kuka arms though, FJ is brilliant.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I agree with the above as well. If ET was getting built now, Kuka arms could add a lot to the ride experience. It's just now worth the expense. As a concept though, the idea of the track being above the rider, can lead to a lot of great potential for future rides.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Have to agree with @Alexshow , they put in the $$ for FJ because it's Harry Potter, a dated IP isn't going to get Kuka arms. I like the idea of using more Kuka arms though, FJ is brilliant.

I agree with the above as well. If ET was getting built now, Kuka arms could add a lot to the ride experience. It's just now worth the expense. As a concept though, the idea of the track being above the rider, can lead to a lot of great potential for future rides.

I'm not being realistic, just spitballing and imagining, which is what this forum is apparently about. o_O

i still absolutely love the queue, it has a good smell, and i love when "come to tickly" little show that goes on.

back in the day i would've suspected ET to be the first to go, now I think it has at least 2 years left.
I LOVE the smell so much!! Only et has that smell. The other reason why I don't want it to go, is because of the music. The ET soundtrack just puts me in an awesome mood. The part when you are flying over the city w the music is not to good, but the music is what I really like about it.

i still absolutely love the queue, it has a good smell, and i love when "come to tickly" little show that goes on.

back in the day i would've suspected ET to be the first to go, now I think it has at least 2 years left.

Imagine what they could get for pieces from this ride in the prop shop. Might be enough for E.T. to fly home first class.

Not to mention, ET flying home first class would allow the possibility of a higher capacity, modern, family dark ride that'd be much more popular than ET.

We all understand the business calculation that would inform such a decision. That doesn't mean all of us have to buy into the theory that it would necessarily be the best move the park could make. Would a hypothetical Yoshi ride be executed with today's technology? Yes. Would it draw a larger crowd than E.T.? Very likely. Would it actually be a better ride? Who knows!

This idea that USF's history is basically irrelevant, and that everything is replaceable, is kind of a bummer to someone who grew up with the park in the 1990s. I wish Universal was more willing to embrace its history in more meaningful ways than just some merchandise offerings. Bringing Kong back to the resort was a fantastic step in that direction, granted, but it's certainly not the start of any sort of trend.

Not to mention, ET flying home first class would allow the possibility of a higher capacity, modern, family dark ride that'd be much more popular than ET.
:shifty:
We all understand the business calculation that would inform such a decision. That doesn't mean all of us have to buy into the theory that it would necessarily be the best move the park could make. Would a hypothetical Yoshi ride be executed with today's technology? Yes. Would it draw a larger crowd than E.T.? Very likely. Would it actually be a better ride? Who knows!

This idea that USF's history is basically irrelevant, and that everything is replaceable, is kind of a bummer to someone who grew up with the park in the 1990s. I wish Universal was more willing to embrace its history in more meaningful ways than just some merchandise offerings. Bringing Kong back to the resort was a fantastic step in that direction, granted, but it's certainly not the start of any sort of trend.
Totally agree, but universal has replaced very little rides. It's everyone on this thread that is talking about rides being replaced, when it hasn't really happened.

This is why some of us wish for "The Great Universal Movie Ride."

:shifty:

Totally agree, but universal has replaced very little rides. It's everyone on this thread that is talking about rides being replaced, when it hasn't really happened.
?? There's only ET let t from opening day. Jaws, Earthquake, Kongfrontation, Hanna-Barbera were all replaced, even most of the shows are gone

Reactions: Mike S
Horror Make Up Show would be all that's left, and I've never seen it once. Should I?

Umm, yes. Once every trip. No joke, it is that entertaining.

As far as ET goes, it can leave if we get something better. Given that Teebin at one point in time implied that Mario and Yoshi were the lock, with DK being a stretch, I would happily give up ET for an indoor, highly themed DK mine coaster.

Also, I love ET, so seeing it go would be sad, but seeing something better in its place would make up the difference.