E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Umm, yes. Once every trip. No joke, it is that entertaining.

As far as ET goes, it can leave if we get something better. Given that Teebin at one point in time implied that Mario and Yoshi were the lock, with DK being a stretch, I would happily give up ET for an indoor, highly themed DK mine coaster.

Also, I love ET, so seeing it go would be sad, but seeing something better in its place would make up the difference.
Yoshi is the stretch, not DK.

Horror Make Up Show would be all that's left, and I've never seen it once. Should I?

Neither have I.

Given that Teebin at one point in time implied that Mario and Yoshi were the lock, with DK being a stretch, I would happily give up ET for an indoor, highly themed DK mine coaster.

Perhaps you are mistaken. Long ago, I only knew of Mario and a "coaster". Yoshi has never been a lock for Orlando. Please don't misinterpret my posts. I hope this is really clear about that.

Would it actually be a better ride? Who knows!

Considering what I've heard about the Yoshi ride, yes, yes it would.

Totally agree, but universal has replaced very little rides. It's everyone on this thread that is talking about rides being replaced, when it hasn't really happened.

They've literally replaced every single ride in USF except ET.

Reactions: Mike S
Perhaps you are mistaken. Long ago, I only knew of Mario and a "coaster". Yoshi has never been a lock for Orlando. Please don't misinterpret my posts. I hope this is really clear about that.

This. PERSONALLY (ie in my opinion) I don't see Yoshi not showing up at some point, whether with Mario/coaster or as a "phase 2", but it is not a lock.

Uh...what? I have no idea what you're saying.
I was saying UO has barley replaced rides. Someone else named all the other rides they've replaced, then i said i only meant really important rides they've replaced, like BttF and jaws. Then you u said, "they replaced those":look: then I said that that was what I said. Replaced. You kinda just stated what I said. Then you were confused? I really don't know why :what:

I was saying UO has barley replaced rides. Someone else named all the other rides they've replaced, then i said i only meant really important rides they've replaced, like BttF and jaws. Then you u said, "they replaced those":look: then I said that that was what I said. Replaced. You kinda just stated what I said. Then you were confused? I really don't know why :what:

I'm confused as to why you're saying they've barely replaced rides, when literally everything has been replaced in the first park.

I think I'm going to have to ignore you, for sanity's sake moving forward. Nothing personal.

Sorry, I must have misread your posts on this, my bad.

As much as I love ET, if JS is saying the Yoshi ride would be a massive step up, I would be curious to see what they have planned. Right now, ET exists in the realm of "rides I am fond of because I have been going on them since I was a kid", but has never made the crossover into "rides I am fond of because they are amazing". As much as I hate losing classic attractions to what is profitable, a good ride is a good ride and Yoshi will remain relevant with a younger generation for longer than ET.

Given how often I hear the ET might be closing rumors, I always make sure I ride this when I am in the parks as it could always be my last ride.

Right now, ET exists in the realm of "rides I am fond of because I have been going on them since I was a kid", but has never made the crossover into "rides I am fond of because they are amazing".

This is how I feel about it. I'm all for history and everything, but if ET opened brand new today, it'd be a laughing stock. Can't say the same thing about things like Pirates or Mansion or Big Thunder Mountain. I can't throw myself in front of a ride for no other reason than "It's old so it should be respected."

Considering what I've heard about the Yoshi ride, yes, yes it would.

I'm sure most people who love Nintendo and its various properties will agree with you. It all comes down to our various perspectives and affection for the IPs we're dealing with. It's very possible I might be incredibly impressed with a Yoshi ride, and think it's better - on a technical level - than E.T., but also still prefer E.T. were around because the movie and the character resonate more with me.

But that's all speculative until we really know what we're dealing with.

I'm sure most people who love Nintendo and its various properties will agree with you. It all comes down to our various perspectives and affection for the IPs we're dealing with. It's very possible I might be incredibly impressed with a Yoshi ride, and think it's better - on a technical level - than E.T., but also still prefer E.T. were around because the movie and the character resonate more with me.

But that's all speculative until we really know what we're dealing with.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ET property. But let's not pretend the ET ride is all that good.

Reactions: Mike S
Don't get me wrong, I love the ET property. But let's not pretend the ET ride is all that good.

Certainly the degree to which one allows the hazy glow of nostalgia to patch over the ride's shortcomings tends to indicate how favorably one views the ride in 2016.

I'm a very nostalgic person, for good or bad.

Reactions: snayberry