E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same here.

Universal parks are constantly changing and evolving. In order to get the new and exciting we must let go of the old.

Except for Men In Black. That ride is sacred.:)
What rides currently at the resort does everyone think are sacred and will still be there for a very long time? I say Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, Hulk, and King Kong. Maybe Transformers too based on the popularity and staying power of the IP itself, not necessarily the Michael Bay movies. There's probably more that will stick around but those are my picks.

What rides currently at the resort does everyone think are sacred and will still be there for a very long time? I say Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, Hulk, and King Kong. Maybe Transformers too based on the popularity and staying power of the IP itself, not necessarily the Michael Bay movies. There's probably more that will stick around but those are my picks.

I remember thinking this last year during the 25th anniversary and having only ET and horror and make up still open and I wondered what would remain from now to see the 50th anniversary.

I think anything from the Comcast era is safe for the foreseeable, anything else is fair game for the chop!

Reactions: Mike S
I remember thinking this last year during the 25th anniversary and having only ET and horror and make up still open and I wondered what would remain from now to see the 50th anniversary.

I think anything from the Comcast era is safe for the foreseeable, anything else is fair game for the chop!
Except Jurassic Park and Marvel. Way too valuable IPs to ever get rid of and I don't see them "giving in" to Disney.

Reactions: Joel
I'm torn on JP, I think the IP will always be around the parks but I wonder whether it will go into the 3rd park as we know there isn't much room for expansion in IOA. I don't think it will but I think they're giving themselves a headache if it remains in IOA.

Marvel is a different kettle of fish, a lot can happen in 25 years (make that 24 now), who'd have thought in 1990 that Disney would end up owning Marvel!

I find it fascinating to think that there are IPs out there which are just ideas in someone's head right now. The first HP book only came out 16 years ago so who knows what lies ahead!

I'm torn on JP, I think the IP will always be around the parks but I wonder whether it will go into the 3rd park as we know there isn't much room for expansion in IOA. I don't think it will but I think they're giving themselves a headache if it remains in IOA.

Marvel is a different kettle of fish, a lot can happen in 25 years (make that 24 now), who'd have thought in 1990 that Disney would end up owning Marvel!

I find it fascinating to think that there are IPs out there which are just ideas in someone's head right now. The first HP book only came out 16 years ago so who knows what lies ahead!
I would love JP to go to the 3rd gate and expanded into 3-4 rides. With 2 more movies coming it should make financial sense.

Then they could use the JP area of IOA for something else, what? No idea.

This is what I'm hoping for out of this Kong/Godzilla movie universe coming.
Could create confusion as to why the King Kong ride has absolutely nothing to do with the new movie that will be crossing over with Godzilla. I still think JW can be put in park 3 while still keeping the classic JP in IoA. If they can do it with HP...

Godzilla should also be saved imo.

Could create confusion as to why the King Kong ride has absolutely nothing to do with the new movie that will be crossing over with Godzilla. I still think JW can be put in park 3 while still keeping the classic JP in IoA. If they can do it with HP...

Godzilla should also be saved imo.

That would not cause confusion with 99.9999% of guests. They don't care what movies things are based on or whether they're connected.

I think breaking up JP between resorts would cause far more confusion.

The new Kong movie is also WB, not Universal. I don't think we'll be seeing more Kong anytime soon.

1) Kong is in the public domain, as far as I know

2) There doesn't have to be more Kong to make a monster island

The only hurdle with a Godzilla/Monster Island section would be that the monumental size the creatures in the traditional Godzilla universe - far bigger than dinosaurs or Kong - limits the sorts of things you can do with a ride.

Reactions: Joel
The only hurdle with a Godzilla/Monster Island section would be that the monumental size the creatures in the traditional Godzilla universe - far bigger than dinosaurs or Kong - limits the sorts of things you can do with a ride.

I think there are definitely opprtunities. It's probably require a lot of clever screen work, but plenty of practical opprtunities too. Crumbling buildings, fire, water, etc

Reactions: Mike S
I think there are definitely opprtunities. It's probably require a lot of clever screen work, but plenty of practical opprtunities too. Crumbling buildings, fire, water, etc
Maybe seeing only a certain part of the monsters as a practical effect like an eye or something.