Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The worst acting in the video is when Spielberg says "E.T. needs your help". Which reminded me of this little gem.

E.T. needs your help to get out of this terrible video game.

58568-5431983558_973319d0f9_b.jpg

The part that cracks me up is the moment that pink mushroom creature is shown, and Steven Speilberg is going through the script. . . it's all very unintentionally deadpan.

I wish the ending could be changed too, but I don't think they'd do it. Refilming the video, creating a new plot for the second half, and making new material for that show scene would be too much to do. At that point, they might as well throw it out and replace it.

i have to be honest but i avoid looking at the face of the lady flower alien one.... the one with the red lips.
Whenever I ride it i avoid looking in her direction. her face looks like the mask a killer would use in a horror movie....
(They could mold masks for HHN out of that face and people would be creeped the hell out lol)

There are other attractions that desperately need refreshes: Ripsaw, all of LC, FFL, and Mummy+MIB+Shrek to an extent, so I'm thinking E.T. has at least 5 years if any of those get what they deserve. Also KZ. Like all of KZ.

UOR has bigger fish to fry right now I'd say, and the return of Old Man E.T. seems to be a good omen for the attraction.

There are other attractions that desperately need refreshes: Ripsaw, all of LC, FFL, and Mummy+MIB+Shrek to an extent, so I'm thinking E.T. has at least 5 years if any of those get what they deserve. Also KZ. Like all of KZ.

UOR has bigger fish to fry right now I'd say, and the return of Old Man E.T. seems to be a good omen for the attraction.
Ripsaw- Retheme (Spongebob)
all of LC- Replace (Zelda)
FFL- Replace (MoM)
Mummy- Refurb (Please, please, please)
MIB- Refurb
Shrek- Replace (SLoP)
Also KZ. Like all of KZ- Replace (Pokemon + Small Trolls area)

And no reason a ton of this couldn’t start very soon. It’s just a matter of will and budget to get these parks completely fixed.
Ripsaw could start this September (unless JP goes down this September, then Ripsaw could go down Sept 2019).
LC could start in 2020 after HP and JP.

FFL could start immediately. The fact it hasn’t is mind boggling- it’s not like they’re losing anything.
Shrek could start immediately (I believe the entrance of the park takes priority even over Kidzone).
Concurrently refurb MiB or Mummy in alternating offseasons.
KidZone can start after SLoP or MoM w/ Trolls opening a year before Pokemon.

And for precious ET- I agree- it doesn’t really *need* a refurb compared to these other attractions. But if they’re feeling nostalgic, they can bring it to its full glory with a nice off-season refurb after MiB or Mummy. I genuinely wish they’d bring a ride down every offseason for 3-4 months so that nothing ever gets neglected (unless it’s on the chopping block)

And don’t forget about my dream to trump all dreams of Simpson’s being replaced with an actual dark ride. Throw that in after Pokemon also. :bored:

Imagine what UOR would look like in 2023 if that all happened in addition to their third park opening.
The unfortunate truth is we’d be lucky if half of it happens- but it’s still fun to dream :)

Last edited:
Ripsaw- Retheme (Spongebob)
all of LC- Replace (Zelda)
FFL- Replace (MoM)
Mummy- Refurb (Please, please, please)
MIB- Refurb
Shrek- Replace (SLoP)
Also KZ. Like all of KZ- Replace (Pokemon + Small Trolls area)

And no reason a ton of this couldn’t start very soon. It’s just a matter of will and budget to get these parks completely fixed.
Ripsaw could start this September (unless JP goes down this September, then Ripsaw could go down Sept 2019).
LC could start in 2020 after HP and JP.

FFL could start immediately. The fact it hasn’t is mind boggling- it’s not like they’re losing anything.
Shrek could start immediately (I believe the entrance of the park takes priority even over Kidzone).
Concurrently refurb MiB or Mummy in alternating offseasons.
KidZone can start after SLoP or MoM w/ Trolls opening a year before Pokemon.

And for precious ET- I agree- it doesn’t really *need* a refurb compared to these other attractions. But if they’re feeling nostalgic, they can bring it to its full glory with a nice off-season refurb after MiB or Mummy. I genuinely wish they’d bring a ride down every offseason for 3-4 months so that nothing ever gets neglected (unless it’s on the chopping block)

And don’t forget about my dream to trump all dreams of Simpson’s being replaced with an actual dark ride. Throw that in after Pokemon also. :bored:

Imagine what UOR would look like in 2023 if that all happened in addition to their third park opening.
The unfortunate truth is we’d be lucky if half of it happens- but it’s still fun to dream :)
:agree: with 95% of this post (especially killing TSR).

However, I think they want Shrek open for this summer's crowds (it still pulls long waits at peaks, as it's at the front of the park) and I could see Mummy+MiB being replaced instead of refurbed if the big U so pleases (Although I'd MUCH rather refurbs if Uni's new attractions continue to be terrible, god let this HP coaster be great).

:agree: with 95% of this post.

However, I think they want Shrek open for this summer's crowds (it still pulls long waits at peaks, as it's at the front of the park) and I could see Mummy+MiB being replaced instead of refurbed if the big U so pleases (Although I'd MUCH rather refurbs if Uni's new attractions continue to be terrible, god let this HP coaster be great).

I’d argue that nothing they could build would be better than a refurbed Mummy. Nor MiB.
In particular with the fact they have a new park with ample land for particular properties.
While the MiB plot is pretty decent sized, it’s nothing compared to the new park (and they certainly need to keep a shooter in their parks). Could whatever the Pokemon attraction be make it redundant? That’s the only argument I could see for removal.

It’s really not even a question if they could replace the Mummy with something better. They couldn’t.
Now- if Mummy hits disaster status with its lack of maintenance, then yes, a replacement would be better. But prime vs prime- there’s no way they could shoehorn a better replacement in its minimal spot.

I’d argue that nothing they could build would be better than a refurbed Mummy. Nor MiB.
In particular with the fact they have a new park with ample land for particular properties.
While the MiB plot is pretty decent sized, it’s nothing compared to the new park (and they certainly need to keep a shooter in their parks). Could whatever the Pokemon attraction be make it redundant? That’s the only argument I could see for removal.

It’s really not even a question if they could replace the Mummy with something better. They couldn’t.
Now- if Mummy hits disaster status with its lack of maintenance, then yes, a replacement would be better. But prime vs prime- there’s no way they could shoehorn a better replacement in its minimal spot.
I could see a complete re-theme to either/both akin to Frozen replacing Maelstrom if there's a big IP that warrants it.

I don't think that tweet means anything.

But even so, it does not particularly amuse me. I'm normally very receptive to nostalgia, but this strikes me as kind of flippant and too cute by half. It's the equivalent of clickbait. There's no genuine sentiment behind it.

If Universal wants to actually embrace USF's classics (which would be quite refreshing), they've got an anniversary coming up that would be the perfect vehicle for some meaningful celebration of them.

But even so, it does not particularly amuse me. I'm normally very receptive to nostalgia, but this strikes me as kind of flippant and too cute by half. It's the equivalent of clickbait. There's no genuine sentiment behind it.

If Universal wants to actually embrace USF's classics (which would be quite refreshing), they've got an anniversary coming up that would be the perfect vehicle for some meaningful celebration of them.

.....it’s a joke off of a recent twitter meme.

Its the hottest new meme.
All the kids are doing it

They legit wouldn’t know. Remember when they tweeting something Shrek out two years ago and everyone thought it was a sign it was closing?

Yup, people on the social media team are probably going to be the last to know anything. They’re the first link to the public and the less they know, the better.