Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A water ride themed to what ?
Well that part would be up for debate of course for which IP needs to be used. But they have mainly all screen rides and no water rides. It’s a good suggestion to have one.

I’ll always be an advocate for Kung Fu Panda to
Come over from Beijing since I believe they’re rumored to have a water ride.

Well that part would be up for debate of course for which IP needs to be used. But they have mainly all screen rides and no water rides. It’s a good suggestion to have one.

I’ll always be an advocate for Kung Fu Panda to
Come over from Beijing since I believe they’re rumored to have a water ride.
I agree that a water ride would be nice. Just curious if you had any ideas at the moment. A KFP land would be awesome to have here at UOR but unfortunately USB might have a exclusivity agreement.

I agree that a water ride would be nice. Just curious if you had any ideas at the moment. A KFP land would be awesome to have here at UOR but unfortunately USB might have a exclusivity agreement.
They do. I beleive. Not sure how long it is but ya. The only other one I can see if they’re going for a kids IP is a trolls land. Merchandise could sell like crazy, highly themed land easily from the films, water ride could be fit in, along with a show of some sort and meet and greets. Likely a flat ride too.

A KFP land would be awesome to have here at UOR...
The only other one I can see if they’re going for a kids IP is a trolls land. Merchandise could sell like crazy, highly themed land easily from the films, water ride could be fit in, along with a show of some sort and meet and greets. Likely a flat ride too.
upload_2019-8-11_9-16-55.png
I feel as though Spongebob would be a better choice because of its longevity. Spongebob will remain relevant long after it ceases production because has become ingrained in pop culture due to its multi-generational and worldwide appeal. On the other hand, KFP, Trolls, and most other animated properties Comcast owns will endure a similar fate to that of An American Tail. I understand that Viacom is the devil, meaning that this will probably never happen. However, if they could come to an agreement, we could also finally get a replacement for the Toon Lagoon theater that actually fits the theme of the land (Garfield).

View attachment 10489
I feel as though Spongebob would be a better choice because of its longevity. Spongebob will remain relevant long after it ceases production because has become ingrained in pop culture due to its multi-generational and worldwide appeal. On the other hand, KFP, Trolls, and most other animated properties Comcast owns will endure a similar fate to that of An American Tail. I understand that Viacom is the devil, meaning that this will probably never happen. However, if they could come to an agreement, we could also finally get a replacement for the Toon Lagoon theater that actually fits the theme of the land (Garfield).

The only possible problem with Spongebob is the rights. I know they have the Spongebob store, but sense that went in a other group (The Triple Five Group) got the theme park rights to a lot of Nickelodeon properties, including Spingebob, for use in the Nickelodeon Universe indoor parks, one in Mall Of America, and another one opening on the east coast later this year. Now, there isn't any public info on how extensive or exclusive their rights to it are, but it could potentially be a problem.

In my opinion, so obviously not factual, it would appear the Comcast is interested in "symphony" as they call it...In other words, creating synergy with the brands that they own and introducing those properties into the parks

The only way I see Spongebob getting more than a store and a parade presence is if Comcast somehow owns him...I think Spongebob is on borrowed time at the Universal parks

In my opinion, so obviously not factual, it would appear the Comcast is interested in "symphony" as they call it...In other words, creating synergy with the brands that they own and introducing those properties into the parks

The only way I see Spongebob getting more than a store and a parade presence is if Comcast somehow owns him...I think Spongebob is on borrowed time at the Universal parks
Definitely possible. But I'd say SpongeBob (really, most of Viacom/Nickelodeon's properties) would be HIGHLY worth buying. Especially since Disney is nursing itself a bit after the Fox purchase.

Definitely possible. But I'd say SpongeBob (really, most of Viacom/Nickelodeon's properties) would be HIGHLY worth buying. Especially since Disney is nursing itself a bit after the Fox purchase.

I think Viacom is a bit too big for Uni to chew right now, especially after their merger with CBS and Comcast spending $39B on Sky on top of the mountain of debt they already had. Sony's been talking about beefing up their media division for a long time now; they were in talks for Fox, and they're the only one of the Big 4 (minus Viacom) remaining that isn't paying off a debt or recovering from an acquisition, so I'd expect any deal to come from them, at least in the short term. Still, I don't see why Uni can't make a play for the licensing deals again.

I thought it would be interesting if Comcast took control of Nickelodeon at least....I'm not even pretending like I'm an expert on the intertwining relationship between IPs at Viacom though

I thought it would be interesting if Comcast took control of Nickelodeon at least....I'm not even pretending like I'm an expert on the intertwining relationship between IPs at Viacom though

There were Nickelodeon attractions at Universal Studios for a long time, right? AFAIK there aren't any big, Nickelodeon branded theme park attractions still running in America, so Uni could possibly make a play for the rights, right?

There were Nickelodeon attractions at Universal Studios for a long time, right? AFAIK there aren't any big, Nickelodeon branded theme park attractions still running in America, so Uni could possibly make a play for the rights, right?

Read above. There is an entire indoor Nickelodeon theme park in Mall Of America and another opening on the east coast in October. The theme park rights are held by Triple Five Group, but there is no real public info on how extensive or exclusive their rights to them are.

View attachment 10489

Yes! Spongebob seems like such an obvious home run that I’m amazed it hasn’t happened yet. In these days of IPs, brand recognition and merchandise sales, it ticks all 3 boxes.

Universal can easily fix itself if it just added one water ride and maybe 2 more indoor dark rides similar to E.T. The park would be way more balanced. USF really lacks family rides.

As hot as it gets in Florida, there should be a mandate that requires each park to have at least one water ride. :lol:

Keep E.T., but bring on Spongebob Splashpants, Trolls Falls, Kung Flume Panda...

A Nickelodeon attraction made sense at Universal in the past because of the filming location being there. I think at this point it wouldn't be too lucrative from a synergy point.