Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I mentioned in my trip report, the ride is in terrible shape. If Universal isn't going to bother to even try and maintain it, I can't see how it lasts much longer.

As I mentioned in my trip report, the ride is in terrible shape. If Universal isn't going to bother to even try and maintain it, I can't see how it lasts much longer.
I just rode it recently and it’s great. The truck isn’t pulling out right now, which is a small shame, and a couple of the AA mouths don’t move like they did in the 1990s, but it has been in the best shape these past couple years as it has been in the last twenty. Some of the AAs could use upgrades, but for the most part the ride hasn’t changed much since 1990, and that’s a good thing.

I just rode it recently and it’s great. The truck isn’t pulling out right now, which is a small shame, and a couple of the AA mouths don’t move like they did in the 1990s, but it has been in the best shape these past couple years as it has been in the last twenty. Some of the AAs could use upgrades, but for the most part the ride hasn’t changed much since 1990, and that’s a good thing.
Yeah, i agree. it's actually the best shape in a while. Just needs some 'real' Animatronic's (ET ones remind me of the Sigourney Weaver AA in The Great Movie Ride) in the early scene. Botannicus pre show was working the best I've seen in years. It even had the blue light cone fog extending upwards, which rarely worked in the past.

What are you guys talking about? Did we ride the same ride? Not only were neither of the trucks pulling out, the owl does not flutter, Botanicus can barely muster a head tilt, the first "friend" remains at a perpendicular angle, and Magdoll can't lift her head, open her mouth, or rotate. None of the ET's, junior or otherwise, bob or move with any grace (or at all). The final ET can't manage to synchronize names, sounds awful, and only twitches.

It has definitely looked better than what I saw.

What are you guys talking about? Did we ride the same ride? Not only were neither of the trucks pulling out, the owl does not flutter, Botanicus can barely muster a head tilt, the first "friend" remains at a perpendicular angle, and Magdoll can't lift her head, open her mouth, or rotate. None of the ET's, junior or otherwise, bob or move with any grace (or at all). The final ET can't manage to synchronize names, sounds awful, and only twitches.

Magdoll was, unfortunately, working really well last time I rode last week. Unfortunately.

I think the saddest thing to me is watching old POV videos and realizing how well the mouth articulation was for all the speaking AAs. That hasn't been the same in two decades. I would love to see that restored. But everything *looks* great.

Botannicus is sometimes quirky, but that was the best I've seen him in a while (I was there right before you). You must have gotten him on one of his quirky days. I think you hit a bad day since most of that stuff usually works (except the mannequin like AA sucks always). Every now & then I run into those issues on this ride, but it's generally just a one ride through thing. Perhaps things weren't reset and/or needed reset.

Last edited:
I don't want ET to ever leave, BUT, if it does, id only want it to be torn down to make way for some sort of Pokemon attraction, assuming Pokemon takes over kid zone. Kidzone can already fit all of SNW including DK, so adding the ET building adds room for another ride, possibly even an E ticket. That's the only thing that could make me stomach it right now. Obviously nothing is forever but still hurts when fav attractions are gone. "Disaster" was like classic Universal for me and it still bugs me that its gone. But, I get it.

I haven't been in years (sadly) and was on the line of wanting it removed. However, it's grown on me in recent years and I'm thankful it's one of the longstanding historic attractions for Universal. Truly amazing that its lasted this long!

I also rode the E.T. Adventure very recently (about a week ago), and while I absolutely love the ride and hope it's going to be open for many more decades, I have to say the attraction is in bad shape. Neither of the cars were moving, many of the Audio-Animatronics look terrible, some special effects are missing, and the last E.T. didn't even move its mouth.