E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I heard a rumor today that Sonic might replace E.T.
A well-themed Sonic the Hedgehog launch coaster with scenes should go into Epic Universe though :) And, I heard Nintendo has a pretty good relationship with Sega, so, Nintendo probably wouldn’t mind, as long as one of their properties also gets a similar ride perhaps. :) I was thinking F-Zero or one themed to a Pokémon. I don’t know of any Pokémon with super speed though.

I think they would be more likely to add a Sonic restaurant

kzmpav43f5v11.jpg

Ok be real did you actually hear something or are you fishing for a confirmation?
It was from someone that I trust. But neither of us believe it. I decided to post about it because I figured it would strike up a fun conversation.

Okay this is slightly unrelated to E.T. potentially going away, but someone posted a couple weeks ago about noticing different music on the Green Planet back when the ride first opened and it made me think of something.

Does anyone else know about the original Magdoll? A while back I decided to watch through some old E.T. ridethroughs and I found out that the annoying Magdoll we all hate was not the original. At around 6:10 in the video below E.T. says, "Magdoll, sing" and you hear her sing in a beautiful voice about E.T. helping them. That POV was from 1991, and I remember finding one from '92 or '93 where the voice was changed to the current version.

I have no idea why they decided to change the voice, but I just find that super interesting haha

I know this is a thread bump, but I thought I’d put this here. Johnny awesome, aka John Porto, passed away a couple months ago. As you may know, he was the guy who broke the record for riding the E.T. Adventure 56 times. I noticed he was inactive on his social media platforms, including Instagram, and I already knew he had a preexisting condition, as he made a video about it on his YouTube channel. He fought hard, and eventually lost the battle. He will be missed. His love for E.T. will be remembered. Rest In Peace.

Here is a video I found on his passing