Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I get my classic movies land, I wouldn't be sad to see the current ET ride to be demolished and replaced with a new ride and a new story and ride system. Imagine what a Kuka arm powered ride with bikes on it could do. The commercial still show the humor, hart and excitement the movie had and I'm sure a new ride could capture that even better than what is there now.

This ride has a special place in my heart. I don't know what it is but I love walking through the queue trees. I also enjoy the part during the ride when you are over the city looking down at the lights. It is a welcome break from all the screen rides.
:thumbsup: Yes, same here. Even though I usually have Express, I'll linger in the queue, watch Botannicus when he's working, and just take in the immersiveness of the forest, it's sights and scent. City lights scene is always memorable & tugs at the emotions.....and welcome to the IU Forums. :toast:

Last edited:
If I get my classic movies land, I wouldn't be sad to see the current ET ride to be demolished and replaced with a new ride and a new story and ride system. Imagine what a Kuka arm powered ride with bikes on it could do. The commercial still show the humor, hart and excitement the movie had and I'm sure a new ride could capture that even better than what is there now.

that’s the other alternative is that If the ET adventure closes at universal Orlando it will be the last ET attraction at any universal studios park around the world once they close ET down at USF either universal will have to make a new deal with Spielberg to guarantee to relocate the ET ride to either IOA or Epic Universe to create a classic land dedicated to Spielberg films back to the future also even though he was executive producer.

Okay, gotta question... I was watching some old POV's of ET Adventure and noticed that the music on the Green Planet used to be some choral piece with a lead singer. This seemed to change sometime in the early 2000s to the music we have now. Does anyone know why or when this was changed? I included a POV of a ride through from the early 90s, video is not mine

Okay, gotta question... I was watching some old POV's of ET Adventure and noticed that the music on the Green Planet used to be some choral piece with a lead singer. This seemed to change sometime in the early 2000s to the music we have now. Does anyone know why or when this was changed? I included a POV of a ride through from the early 90s, video is not mine
That song is so 80's and I love it!

Are you saying they are going to close ET, and then re-build it, same 1990s style in Epic Universe? I want what you are having
Close it possibly relocate it to maybe epic universe so it could be part of a classic mini land let’s assume jaws Gets a remake if those rumors are true on wegotthiscovered.com this could be a start of something maybe just maybe.

that ain’t happening.
Your saying no to a jaws remake and ET staying put I just don’t want it to close then Just keep upgrading because if ET closes Spielberg will leave universal parks I heard. And Andy Mucheeti who directed It I know I’m pronouncing it wrong is supposed to direct Jaws. Maybe ET will get a sequel I’m not trying to sound weird Why not remake a classic?

Your saying no to a jaws remake and ET staying put I just don’t want it to close then Just keep upgrading because if ET closes Spielberg will leave universal parks I heard. And Andy Mucheeti who directed It I know I’m pronouncing it wrong is supposed to direct Jaws. Maybe ET will get a sequel I’m not trying to sound weird Why not remake a classic?

That's a fair sentiment to have but something we can't control at this point. Best way to "keep" ET is to ride it to increase guest counts and leave positive feedback on the attraction to Universal Orlando.