Howl-O-Scream 2024 (SWO) | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2024 (SWO)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 29, 2022
Running Sept. 6th-November 3rd

• 4 NEW Haunted Houses
• 3 NEW scare-zones
• 2 NEW themed bars

but how many houses total are there?
5 houses if going by last year’s numbers.

The big caveat is that they always call the reimagined houses “NEW”, like the changes that were made to Dead Vines or Beneath the Ice last year. Anyone expecting four built-from-the-ground up houses is going to be disappointed. There’s only likely to be one new actual house (which I’m hoping the pirate house gets the axe this year).

Reactions: SeventyOne
Theoretically two will have to actually be new since Wild Arctic is a construction site and the former smokehouse/pizza restaurant and surrounding area are being re-developed with Chick-Fil-A and Penguin Trek. That will mean two new sites and it would make sense they would be new houses.

Theoretically two will have to actually be new since Wild Arctic is a construction site and the former smokehouse/pizza restaurant and surrounding area are being re-developed with Chick-Fil-A and Penguin Trek. That will mean two new sites and it would make sense they would be new houses.
It's also possible they could just take the exact same houses and transplant them into new locations, like they did in San Diego when the Wild Arctic building became a construction zone. SeaWorld's definition of a "new" house is so loose that I wouldn't be surprised if that was the only thing new about it.

Reactions: IzzyB
Isn't sea world limited on spaces they can put houses? Are they building new tents somewhere. I mean I know technically they have space to work with but not necessarily that makes a ton of sense. I guess as the event expands they could just build tents in the parking lots if they were really out of space, but that would have to be new every year to make sense.

Insane. Shows are probably easiest to thing to change up and they’re sticking with the same ones for four years now.

Heck, even just some new songs might get me back in the theater for Monster Stomp.
If Universal does the same, why can't SW. SW does have other shows they rotate. They had I think 2 other ones, the one was new and not good, we missed the other show.

Isn't sea world limited on spaces they can put houses? Are they building new tents somewhere. I mean I know technically they have space to work with but not necessarily that makes a ton of sense. I guess as the event expands they could just build tents in the parking lots if they were really out of space, but that would have to be new every year to make sense.
I don't think they need more houses right now. They don't really need more capacity. When we went we flew thru everything fairly quickly with shows and coasters and left before midnight. I think around 11, if not earlier fairly satisfied with what we got for the price we paid. More houses they will need to charge more and I don't think they are popular enough to raise prices yet.

If Universal does the same, why can't SW. SW does have other shows they rotate. They had I think 2 other ones, the one was new and not good, we missed the other show.

I don't think they need more houses right now. They don't really need more capacity. When we went we flew thru everything fairly quickly with shows and coasters and left before midnight. I think around 11, if not earlier fairly satisfied with what we got for the price we paid. More houses they will need to charge more and I don't think they are popular enough to raise prices yet.
I honestly believe SW is stretching themselves thin at how large of a park they use for HOS. With their crowd levels, they can easily just close off beyond Mako & Seafire Grill. 3 coasters and the houses are more than enough capacity for their current popularity.

I honestly believe SW is stretching themselves thin at how large of a park they use for HOS. With their crowd levels, they can easily just close off beyond Mako & Seafire Grill. 3 coasters and the houses are more than enough capacity for their current popularity.
Agreed, that was a walk just to get to that other house and to have Manta available. I imagine they don't have the room for a 5th house and another zone if they do that though. But I agree, they have plenty of capacity right now. Navigating the park was fine. They pulse the houses and even with that there was only one long wait which we used our PH single express pass for. We never felt cramped in or in massive crowds. Now we did go in September, so I imagine October would be different, but can't imagine it ever feeling as crowded as HHN.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Agreed, that was a walk just to get to that other house and to have Manta available. I imagine they don't have the room for a 5th house and another zone if they do that though. But I agree, they have plenty of capacity right now. Navigating the park was fine. They pulse the houses and even with that there was only one long wait which we used our PH single express pass for. We never felt cramped in or in massive crowds. Now we did go in September, so I imagine October would be different, but can't imagine it ever feeling as crowded as HHN.
Went in October, and it's very manageable. Sometimes people (myself included) forget how huge SWO is. The lake is nearly 2x the size of IOA's lagoon.

Went in October, and it's very manageable. Sometimes people (myself included) forget how huge SWO is. The lake is nearly 2x the size of IOA's lagoon.
We have gone there often and yes it is a big park! When I plan my day we plan to only go to certain parts and never double back because it is just too large for that. That is why them having their show times posted so far in advance is key, I plan our route based on shows we want to hit and when they are and make sure we have time in between when we need food or I know we will want to ride something near that show.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX