Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hulu

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
offenders_2019.02.08_hr-e1549908315531.jpg

M.O.D.A.K., Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler and Howard the Duck will all be getting animated shows on Hulu aimed at adults and then will all team up for The Offenders.
  • Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum (Community, American Dad) and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel’s Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck (team who did Blades of Glory, Office Christmas Party, The Switch) will executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja (South Park, Last Man on Earth, Girls Trip, Ugly Dolls) and Chelsea Handler (Chelsea Lately) serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel’s Howard The Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis (Space Ghost, Aqua Team Hunger Force, Archer, Squidbillies) will also executive produce along with Jeph Loeb.
  • Marvel’s The Offenders, is a story in which nobody asked them to – and we’d be better off if they didn’t – but MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the Universe. Jeph Loeb will executive produce.

Last edited:
Gotta hand it, it's great to see Disney giving Hulu more and more of the various projects that wouldn't work for their primetime.

Now that said, get Daredevil and Jessica Jones over there once things quiet down legally next year; ok?

The trailer for the new High Fidelity series just dropped. This was originally for Disney+ before being moved to Hulu for being too Adult in content:

For any SNL fans, Aidy Bryant's show "Shrill" is entering its 2nd season this Friday. If you enjoy Aidy Bryant you will love this show. If you ever felt insecure, struggled with your weight, or never got to see the bright side or confidence of being "big" than this is the BEST show out there for you right now. Truly blends humor with some serious topics pretty seamlessly. I also just love my some lil baby aidy, so the show could never fail in my eyes lol. I highly recommend!

A few episodes into High Fidelity and so far really enjoying it - Zoe Kravitz is great in her gender swapped leading role. I will say, it's amazing that this show was ever considered to be a Disney+ original considering the overall tone of the series and TV-MA rating it ended up getting.

To that point though, i'm glad that Disney has Hulu as an option to let a show take an adult aimed route for some of these IP-spinoffs instead of just dumbing down everything. If they only owned Disney+, this show still would've been made, but it would've been PG-13 and not nearly as good as it would be a pointless series. The show is about Zoe Kravitz's character's (Robin) day-to-day life and journey through relationships, which often times, to make it seem even remotely realistic, leads to sex, drugs, alcohol, and lots of cursing. Disney+ wouldn't allow for that.

With the success of FX on Hulu, I got thinking (mostly bc I wanted to watch Jojo Rabbit) and it really wouldn’t surprise me if Searchlight Pictures starts to release their movies through Hulu at some point going forward.

Their movies don’t make a ton of money, but are of extremely high quality. Hulu doesn’t have a ton of original movies and this would instantly give a good amount of high quality movies yearly and plenty of prestige play. It also would clear up the release calendar for Disney a little bit.

So basically Disney making a move like this would be equivalent to putting FX content on Hulu, which gives them high caliber originals.

With the success of FX on Hulu, I got thinking (mostly bc I wanted to watch Jojo Rabbit) and it really wouldn’t surprise me if Searchlight Pictures starts to release their movies through Hulu at some point going forward.

Their movies don’t make a ton of money, but are of extremely high quality. Hulu doesn’t have a ton of original movies and this would instantly give a good amount of high movies yearly and plenty of prestige play. It also would clear up the release calendar for Disney a little bit.

So basically Disney making a move like this would be equivalent to putting FX content on Hulu, which gives them high caliber originals.
Oh id LOVE this. Especially for some 2020 films. This would be so great and id do that Hulu bundle instead of just D+ (I hop on others accounts for Hulu currently). This is a great idea!

Based on how this short teaser seems to aim to be sexual through innuendo, I can see why the show got moved from Disney+.

It may have been mentioned on these forums before, but "Ramy" is just sooooo good. I have fallen in love with Ramy Youseff. Completely fallen for him. Great show, very easy show to watch/binge, is quite funny, and also educational on Muslim culture! A 10/10 in my eyes and one I highly recommend.

Missed this announcement. Another Lin-Manuel project coming to a Disney owned streamer only two weeks after Hamilton:

Thank God we're getting a lot of LMM this month, I think everyone needs it lol. If only In The Heights were available now!

High recommend this show, everything about it is brilliant and very entertaining. I added the title sequence because it tells you exactly what you need to know, without spoiling anything. Major emmy potential :exclap:

High recommend this show, everything about it is brilliant and very entertaining. I added the title sequence because it tells you exactly what you need to know, without spoiling anything. Major emmy potential :exclap:

I watched episode 1 and just never kept going. I liked it and heard great things about the whole thing, I just got sidetracked. I’ll have to circle back around.