Hurricane Matthew | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Matthew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Well it's probably best to open this thread up. If you have any questions... We'll try to help. Whether it be for storm planning, or travel plans altering.

it might still be open Thursday but since it will be raining two houses will be closed and there will be no street actors.

Not sure about the MNNSHP on Friday. Originally it was moving faster and would be gone by Friday afternoon. Now, I need to see if Disney will reschedule to Saturday. If not I am SOL :(

I'm visiting family in New Jersey right now and we're trying to decide if we should go back to Florida early to be there before the hurricane hits or just wait until after it passes. Oh, the joys of being a Florida home owner and worrying about your house from 1000 miles away...

For anyone with travel plans at Universal, their Twitter is still reporting normal operating hours for Thursday and Friday, for now. That's a bit surprising, but now that Orange County is under a hurricane watch I have to wonder if and when they'll make the call to close.

Probably going to call guest services later today and see what I can find out.

Of course, more importantly, everyone please stay safe! Not looking like we'll get much here in Tampa, but I have family in Palm Bay so my thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the coast.

Reactions: gbird
its because it it goes left then Florida is gonna get hit hard if it goes right then its more of a tropical storm for us instead.

Hmmm... the 11AM report ain't looking any better. To make matters worse, it appears it will slide up the coast and then out to sea, and then turn and head right back at Florida. We had one of these doosies when I lived down there. I am sure I walked through my house at the time yelling the naughtiest of words when it turned.

Reactions: Brian G.
My parents are in the keys this week...

They should be fine. It's not expected to really impact the Keys.

Hmmm... the 11AM report ain't looking any better. To make matters worse, it appears it will slide up the coast and then out to sea, and then turn and head right back at Florida. We had one of these doosies when I lived down there. I am sure I walked through my house at the time yelling the naughtiest of words when it turned.

94 Gordon?

For anyone with travel plans at Universal, their Twitter is still reporting normal operating hours for Thursday and Friday, for now. That's a bit surprising, but now that Orange County is under a hurricane watch I have to wonder if and when they'll make the call to close.

Probably going to call guest services later today and see what I can find out.

Of course, more importantly, everyone please stay safe! Not looking like we'll get much here in Tampa, but I have family in Palm Bay so my thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the coast.

Probably waiting on the official "Hurricane Warning". A lot of businesses don't make moves until that happens.

I only moved there in 2004. We had three that year and I cannot remember if it was one of those. I only recall that it was unnerving as hell.
Maybe you're referring to hurricane Ivan? It wasn't one of the 3 that impacted us, but it missed and tried again.
Ivan_2004_track.png

Reactions: SeventyOne
Talked to Disney, they are offering a full refund or rebook for anyone scheduled for the Friday MNNSHP. I'm going to move to the Monday party to steer clear of the weather. Luckily, I'm here until Tuesday morning.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah...Frontier Airlines is pretty useless. I've been trying to reschedule our flight from Friday to Saturday for two straight days (I've literally called 39 times). Their awesome automated phone system just disconnects every time it goes to transfer to a real person. Their phone system brags about how you can make changes online. Yeah...not so much. Their website is as useless as their phone system and customer service. I will NEVER fly Frontier again after this debacle.

Wow, this is going to be a slow moving storm, so I wish everyone involved in it's destructive path luck (it's not going to be a quick and done storm.) All I can say is take precautions seriously, even if it doesn't hit, it's better to be safe than sorry.

So I'm supposed to be going to HHN this Sunday and then hit up a show at the House of Blues over in Springs on Monday. I already ended up cancelling my hotel reservation for Sunday and Monday night just to be safe. Also already bought an express pass for Sunday night too. So what do you guys think? Am I screwed? If so, how does HHN do with refunding express passes for situations like these?