ICON Park | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

ICON Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Soooo International is getting more tall neighbors. Hope Universal understands this is the beginning.

StarFlyer ride for I-Drive approved by Orange County commissioners - Orlando Sentinel

What I'm hoping as a local, is that this shuts down Magical Midway.
Am excited for this.
Never been to Magical Midway, there just does not seem to be much there, like a bad version of funspot. Are their gokarts any good? I know they are wooden tracks, but otherwise are they different than the funspot ones? I'd love to do the slingshot one day, how much is it actually? Did the funspot Skycoaster a few times, now that is awesome!

Am excited for this.
Never been to Magical Midway, there just does not seem to be much there, like a bad version of funspot. Are their gokarts any good? I know they are wooden tracks, but otherwise are they different than the funspot ones? I'd love to do the slingshot one day, how much is it actually? Did the funspot Skycoaster a few times, now that is awesome!
The FunSpot SkyCoaster is legit the most intense, fun experience i've had in Orlando.

Am excited for this.
Magical Midway wood go kart tracks are painful! Stick to funspot.

Am excited for this.
What Seth said. Listen Magical Midway isn't so Magical. It's a want to be FunSpot that ain't so fun and in the wrong spot. Magical Midway is what Frosted Shapes is to Frosted Flakes. It's a fake.

The Skyplex guy sounds like a snake oil salesman to me. I've got no horse in this race but if I was a betting man I don't think we'll see this get finished.
I don't think he'd be wasting so much time and money fighting for so many different SkyPlex projects to get built if he wasn't serious of actually building.

That's the problem - buckshot approach. No way will the money hold out for all of them. Until he builds one he had no idea the problems that can crop up during construction. He's a salesman - a damn good one but a salesman nonetheless.

Reactions: GAcoaster
That's the problem - buckshot approach. No way will the money hold out for all of them. Until he builds one he had no idea the problems that can crop up during construction. He's a salesman - a damn good one but a salesman nonetheless.
Wallack is the front man but his backers have much deeper pockets. You'd be surprised how much money they are prepared to spend to make this work...

Last edited:
FINALLY got to thoroughly visit iDrive 360 at night (I had been earlier to do the attractions)

Ate dinner at Outback and the service was AMAZING

Then went to Cowgirls since I wanted to compare it to local bars here in south Florida (round up and Cowboys) this place was cool it lacked country music for the most part but overall good music the ambiance was lacking energy but the mechanical bull would pick that up in segments (whenever someone would ride it would pick up)

The next night we didn't really want to go back to iDrive 360 in favor of visiting a new place or doing something different from the prior night but after much driving around and going to places only to hear what I would consider high cover charges at the doors of many "restaurant turned bars" we decided to play it safe since it was getting "late" 12:45am and head to iDrive 360 where we ended up at tin roof which was AWESOME. Fun atmosphere great drinks and an excellent band was playing there from out of town (Nashville) over all this area is a HUGE positive addition to international drive.

Side note: we tried REALLY hard to visit Mangos (one of our many driving around stops) but there was literally NO parking what so ever. Many of the par kings around it are reserved for nearby businesses with tow away signs threatening you if you were to park there (even if the business is closed) they really need to figure out parking for this new place.

Señor frogs seemed awful. Couldn't find parking, when we did we were greeted VERY rudely at the door and asked to pay $10 cover charge after the rude "welcoming" which lead to us turning away and on to the next one.. The ice bar is way too pricey to get in even with groupon $25 per person is pricey if your only going for an hour or two.

Other attractions caught our eye on iDrive but at the end we spent all our nights at iDrive 360 and it didn't disappoint.

Reactions: SeventyOne
FINALLY got to thoroughly visit iDrive 360 at night (I had been earlier to do the attractions)

Side note: we tried REALLY hard to visit Mangos (one of our many driving around stops) but there was literally NO parking what so ever. Many of the par kings around it are reserved for nearby businesses with tow away signs threatening you if you were to park there (even if the business is closed) they really need to figure out parking for this new place.

You could have always parked across the street behind Red Robin without any problems. Mangos is working on a parking garage so once that opens parking onsite should be a little easier.

Tin Roof does have some really good food and atmosphere. Another place we enjoyed was Sugar Factory, food was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere.

Icebar is $25 with a coupon?
yeah on groupon.. looked it up on yelp and it said it was almost double that (again i didnt go @Hockeyman states hes never paid more than $10 which is definitely reasonable for such a distinct attraction)

Mangos is working on a parking garage
THEY NEED IT BAD! Ive been to the one here in Miami South Beach and its never been THAT packed lol.. Line wrapped around the building

Sugar Factory, food was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere.
We stood in front of this place but the atmosphere seemed very "chill/calm" we were looking for a little more action/ruckus as we were celebrating a birthday and wanted to take shots and stuff lol

Side note of some importance: If you ever go eat at Roccos Tacos in Orlando it has AMAZING ... AMAZING! food .. however.. they have $10 shots which is very pricey when you plan on getting alien faced or :poop: faced which is how we ended up at iDrive 360 for a second night :cheers:

yeah on groupon.. looked it up on yelp and it said it was almost double that (again i didnt go @Hockeyman states hes never paid more than $10 which is definitely reasonable for such a distinct attraction)

That was actually @SeventyOne who mentioned that, I have never been to Icebar

We stood in front of this place but the atmosphere seemed very "chill/calm" we were looking for a little more action/ruckus as we were celebrating a birthday and wanted to take shots and stuff lol

Side note of some importance: If you ever go eat at Roccos Tacos in Orlando it has AMAZING ... AMAZING! food .. however.. they have $10 shots which is very pricey when you plan on getting alien faced or :poop: faced which is how we ended up at iDrive 360 for a second night :cheers:

Totally understandable, you couldn't beat the atmosphere at Tin Roof. Sugar Factory does have have its wild moments during birthdays or when you order the King Kong sundae but that is in spurts.

Rocco's is good, im not the biggest fan of the seasoning they use on the chips but doesn't stop me from eating them :lmao: We had a vendor sponsored holiday party at the one in Orlando Dec 2014 and that was awesome. Got off the bus from the resort to be greeted by the staff of Rocco's with margaritas ready to hand out as we got out:clap:

Our friend and OU forum poster, UK Trigg (Mark), has just posted an excellent article on Pixels at the Parks .com reviewing the new nightclub, Mango's Tropical Cafe. Lots of fab photos and video too. The article is titled "A Brit's View. Mango's Tropical Cafe"