ICON Park | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

ICON Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I am correct this is the crane that is on site and the specs are as follows:
Max working height 478.3’ (feet)
Max load in US tons 600

So assuming the top of the spire is the 450’ advertised this crane should have no issue lifting this into place. All info pulled from link at bottom.

AC 500-8 - Terex Cranes
I think that is one but isn't there also a Manitowoc 18000 that is being assembled? Kelley has one in inventory. I hope they won't do the assembly of the tower til next week, I am busy til Monday but I want to make a trip up to see this. Should be as good as a helicopter lift.

Last edited:
Here is the correct concept art for what they are building.

gs-starflyer-plans-progress-with-permits-groundbreaking-expected-in-april-20170313

They are trying to get approval for a helicopter tour, but it was denied. They are appealing.

The news has reported there’s more in the works for that plaza, but nothing specific has been confirmed.

The more attractions there the more they will feed off of each other so I figured something else could well be in the works, would never have guessed Da Choppa though.

As long as Tin roof and Yard House are there Im good anyways ;)

Reactions: Disneyhead
The more attractions there the more they will feed off of each other so I figured something else could well be in the works, would never have guessed Da Choppa though.

As long as Tin roof and Yard House are there Im good anyways ;)
They want to put the choppers on the top deck of the parking garage.

If I am correct this is the crane that is on site and the specs are as follows:
Max working height 478.3’ (feet)
Max load in US tons 600

So assuming the top of the spire is the 450’ advertised this crane should have no issue lifting this into place. All info pulled from link at bottom.

AC 500-8 - Terex Cranes
You are correct sir. Just the Hydraulic with a jib. I am going to miss the fun it looks like