Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICON Park

Update from Orlando Rocks:

ikDtHGb63eqgz.jpg

ib2dx0wZwxIWF0.jpg

Status of the bowling alley:

i8kXz1oJwxDJz.jpg

ibcrmAmwWizdYf.jpg

iMnj3b9HSMhcP.jpg

While on the subject, the official website for the future King's Bowling Alley that is under construction in the former Gooding's store space states the following about the venue:

Lanes, Lounge, Sports, Events

KINGS Bowl first opened our doors in 2003 in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay. Our goal was to focus on recapturing and rekindling the fun and escape of bowling which had faded since its heyday. The 1950's and 1960's are considered to be the golden age of bowling and KINGS design and décor captures the nostalgic feeling while adding modern twists to everything we do. From the start, we set out to create a unique and memorable entertainment experience by emphasizing good food, cold beer, creative cocktails, cutting edge technology and great music. We put our focus on classic, retro-inspired décor and Executive-Chef designed menus brought to life by our best-in-industry service. In doing so, KINGS launched the modern day bowling renaissance of "social bowling" which has revitalized the sport across America. Bowling is back at KINGS and we thank you for being a part of it. At KINGS, "Bowling Becomes You"!

Our new location in Orlando, Florida promises to be our best yet!

This amazing venue will feature:

• 28,000 square feet of pure entertainment
  • 22 ten-pin bowling lanes
  • Four full-size billiards tables
  • Regulation size, outdoor Bocce ball court
  • Full-service, executive chef driven restaurant serving award-winning food
  • Two premium bars serving inventive and fun cocktails
  • Customizable private space for parties of 10-600 people including corporate/team-building events, birthdays, bachelor(ette) parties, kids parties and more
  • Over 50 giant HDTV's and HD projector screens for all of the sports action
  • Industry best sound, lighting and music environment

For an idea of what to expect of this new entertainment option, here is a video that overviews the look and offerings:

[video=youtube;fRhwb5PF_E0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRhwb5PF_E0[/video]

Construction photos from King's Orlando Facebook:

Week 3…Starting to shell out the bar and ceiling soffits. Remember this picture…You will be blown away when you see Kings Orlando! More updates coming soon!!

ibm5hOm9u6B0ne.jpg

Oh look! It’s a private room…wait till you see it when its done!!!

ibvcQ9VQLzHwGG.jpg

Picture this….a 60 foot bar. 80” TV’s….20 foot real time sports ticker….Dance floor….Incredible lighting…..And this is just one area!

iOzDOU5LTUiEA.jpg

12/28/12 Another private bowling room and some lanes….

ilGJiDbJXmMKM.jpg

Additionally, some pics of their preexisting locations:

isXR7ylL9UWX0.jpg

iSy1rdyYcMPeG.jpg

imjASiUeISYqT.jpg

imB6RByexWbV1.jpg

Kings looks like an even higher-class bowling alley...maybe a little too nice for me. I really like Splitsville, plus Kings will have 8 less lanes, right in the heart of I-Drive...I'll probably stick to Splitsville. It still looks cool, but I also hate maneuvering around I-Drive.

Last edited:
Kings looks like an even higher-class bowling alley...maybe a little too nice for me. I really like Splitsville, plus Kings will have 8 less lanes, right in the heart of I-Drive...I'll probably stick to Splitsville. It still looks cool, but I also hate maneuvering around I-Drive.
8 less?!?! Splitsville only has 30 and that's below average as it is. I have to admit though, the HDTV's above the lanes got my attention. :lol: