I Ride Trolley | Inside Universal Forums

I Ride Trolley

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 10, 2012
Hiya, im off to orlando for the first time in july, and as were not using a car i was wondering if anyone knew what the bus service was like. Im staying on international drive and have been looking at the i ride bit i cannot see the times of the last buses anywhere also the hotel im staying in (quality inn international) has a free shuttle bus to some of the parks, does anyone know the last bus time from the park to the hotel?
Thanks in advance :)

I have stayed at i-drive three times, all three at the rosen inn pointe orlando. The I-ride runs from around 8-10pm and runs every 15-20 minutes, in all honesty its more every half an hour and then two turn up. I would avoid the I-Ride at all costs in June-Sep otherwise it will be rammed and I mean full, combine this with uncomfortable seats and a lack of air con - it gets very sweaty and stressy. You are probably best looking into the Lynx it runs earlier/later and goes right the way down all the I-drive and you can transfer to another which goes straight to universal. It is a lot more quiet as well which helps. If you want more information let me know :cheers:

so does the lynx go straight to the park with the transfer? i will have a look for a website in a bit to try and find some more information on it. this is my first time in orlando and the only experience me and my family have with parks and buses is the shuttle at Disneyland Paris which i'm guessing was a little bit different :) do you remember the prices for the lynx

The Lynx runs from the stop outside of Sea World on Sea Harbor Drive to the Transportation and Ticket Center at Walt Disney World. It usually runs every half an hour and it's about a 30 minute trip. These buses can be jammed as a lot of Cast Members use this as a way to get to work.

- - - Updated - - -

It's bus #50. You'll see the number on the marquee right above the windshield and displayed on a panel next to the top of the door where you board.

The shuttle from parks (UOR) to the hotel depends on park closing times. Today the parks close at 8pm and the last shuttle is at 8:50pm.

For the Lynx, from your hotel you would catch either bus 38, 42, or 8 to the intersection of Universal Blvd and I-Drive (in front of Wet n Wild) and then transfer to bus 37 that takes you to the bus drop off at UOR. The reverse for your return trip. The great thing about the Lynx is it is $2.

That's less than two miles away. A cab couldn't be that expensive...certainly save enough time vs the bus to warrant the price. Plus everyone rides for that one price.

The shuttle from parks (UOR) to the hotel depends on park closing times. Today the parks close at 8pm and the last shuttle is at 8:50pm.

For the Lynx, from your hotel you would catch either bus 38, 42, or 8 to the intersection of Universal Blvd and I-Drive (in front of Wet n Wild) and then transfer to bus 37 that takes you to the bus drop off at UOR. The reverse for your return trip. The great thing about the Lynx is it is $2.

Yeah as Disneyhead said, we always seemed to get lynx from pointe orlando down to near the red lobster/dennys before sea-world on i-drive and get the lynx from there.