Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I, Tonya

I actually saw this back in June for a test screening, the people who set up the screening said we were the first group of people to watch the movie. It wasn’t completely done yet as some scenes weren’t color corrected and they hadn’t put Margot Robbie face on the girl who did the figure skating, but even in that state I loved it. It definitely feels like a Goodfellas/Wolf of Wall Street type of movie but it isn’t as good as either of those two. If you enjoy that style, then I would definitely recommend you see it, the performances are pretty great, especially Robbie and Janney. I actually haven’t seen the final version yet but I’m pretty sure I’d only enjoy it more, and it’s definitely on my best of the year list.

This was GREAT. One of the best movies I saw last year. Allison Janney steals the whole thing.

I saw it last week. It was..... fine? The movie is a fun watch, but the humorous way it treats abuse is pretty gross. The performances are all top notch, and there's not a weak link in the cast.

I loved it. I also disagree that the abuse was painted as humorous. I felt extremely uncomfortable watching it at times, and some in the theater gasped multiple times. Great performances all around from the cast.

I saw it and enjoyed it...probably not as much as I was hoping to, but still liked it. It wasn’t quite as humorous as I thought it would be, at least in the first half; probably because it wasn’t meant to be?

I felt like the fourth wall breaks didn’t really help the humor or the plot much. It was just...there. I felt like they could’ve done more in that area. Loved the Goodfellas vibe of it.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but I don’t think it’s quite worth the hype. The soundtrack was really good. I give it a B-