Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

The theming being so barebones is disappointing, but I guess it was expected. I think they should have gotten rid of Wild Artic and used the post show as the queue for Ice breaker and have it launch out of the building.

Ideally this should have just been what the penguin encounter became instead of Empire, but I know the land is tight back there. They could have made it work with a different configuration and given the land some kinetic energy with a section of track that crossed the walk way. I was so optimistic after Manta debuted that they would continue to integrate exhibits into queues and theme just enough to be impressive while still moving toward more of an amusement park. Mako dashed those hopes. How amazing would it have been if they really committed to the ship theme? I get not building a new habit in that case and with fins and the walkthrough already there it would have been a challenge to integrate the two. No complaints about Infinity because it's not tied to any specific animal and is just generally gorgeous and vibrant (really reactivated the area).

I know not everything needs to be Everest or Velocicoaster, but I'd love to see SeaWorld still try to keep up with the Joneses just a bit. Hopefully there will be a lot more effort out into surf coaster if the new entrance stuff happens.

The theming being so barebones is disappointing, but I guess it was expected. I think they should have gotten rid of Wild Artic and used the post show as the queue for Ice breaker and have it launch out of the building.

Ideally this should have just been what the penguin encounter became instead of Empire, but I know the land is tight back there. They could have made it work with a different configuration and given the land some kinetic energy with a section of track that crossed the walk way. I was so optimistic after Manta debuted that they would continue to integrate exhibits into queues and theme just enough to be impressive while still moving toward more of an amusement park. Mako dashed those hopes. How amazing would it have been if they really committed to the ship theme? I get not building a new habit in that case and with fins and the walkthrough already there it would have been a challenge to integrate the two. No complaints about Infinity because it's not tied to any specific animal and is just generally gorgeous and vibrant (really reactivated the area).

I know not everything needs to be Everest or Velocicoaster, but I'd love to see SeaWorld still try to keep up with the Joneses just a bit. Hopefully there will be a lot more effort out into surf coaster if the new entrance stuff happens.
Yes, Antartica is SeaWorld's attempt at applying the Potter formula...A lightly themed new coaster would have made a much bigger impact and would have been cheaper

I agree, some Ice theming (minus around the signage) would have been nice...Maybe the front half of an Ice Breaker ship somewhere (modeled of course)

Infinity Falls does have a Flamingo habitat on the ride, but your point still stands.

Yes, Antartica is SeaWorld's attempt at applying the Potter formula...A lightly themed new coaster would have made a much bigger impact and would have been cheaper

I agree, some Ice theming (minus around the signage) would have been nice...Maybe the front half of an Ice Breaker ship somewhere (modeled of course)
I'm not sure the potter comparison makes much sense. That's the IP wars. It was just a well themed area and could have made a bigger impact because it is a genuinely pretty area. It serves a purpose for people that aren't a fan of coasters, but obviously the impact is diminished by the actual ride experience. I can still enjoy it for what it is when going with others to the park.

Either way, Ice Breaker should really have more theming especially since I think it's a great medium thrill coaster in a park with mostly larger rides.

I'm not sure the potter comparison makes much sense. That's the IP wars. It was just a well themed area and could have made a bigger impact because it is a genuinely pretty area. It serves a purpose for people that aren't a fan of coasters, but obviously the impact is diminished by the actual ride experience. I can still enjoy it for what it is when going with others to the park.

Either way, Ice Breaker should really have more theming especially since I think it's a great medium thrill coaster in a park with mostly larger rides.
It is a highly themed area with specific merch, psuedo-signature drink, an attempted e-ticket dark ride, themed dining, etc...

It's doesn't have an IP attached but it certainly is trying to copy the formula

I have no doubt in my mind that a meeting happened where the sentence "You know Potter, yeah do that, but we're not licensing anything" was uttered

The Anticipated Opening 2021 wording only makes me think that it will be indefinitely delayed. Probably pushing for a 2022 opening.
Same with Iron Gwazi. It sounds link SEAS does not want to open these rollercoasters despite the pandemic slowing down and tourism ramping back up.
So with the Anticipated Opening wording. Do not expect these rides to open this year especially Ice Breaker despite the walls down and the ride cycling.
I won’t expect them to test on employees any time soon. They will be hesitant to delay an opening date announcement in a long time.
So I will just say the opening is indefinitely delayed until further notice. Same with Iron Gwazi since BGT has a shortage on employees and only operating 6 days of week.
See you in 2022 when I get to ride you IG and IB.

The Anticipated Opening 2021 wording only makes me think that it will be indefinitely delayed. Probably pushing for a 2022 opening.
Same with Iron Gwazi. It sounds link SEAS does not want to open these rollercoasters despite the pandemic slowing down and tourism ramping back up.
So with the Anticipated Opening wording. Do not expect these rides to open this year especially Ice Breaker despite the walls down and the ride cycling.
I won’t expect them to test on employees any time soon. They will be hesitant to delay an opening date announcement in a long time.
So I will just say the opening is indefinitely delayed until further notice. Same with Iron Gwazi since BGT has a shortage on employees and only operating 6 days of week.
See you in 2022 when I get to ride you IG and IB.
Ice Breaker has tested with employees recently. And it's probably not opening in 2022, they're just saying anticipated just in case we get another corona outbreak.

BGT has also replied to messages saying that Iron Gwazi MIGHT still open Spring 2021, and that they're continuing to monitor the situation.

Agreed with many others here...this ride really could use some more ‘ice’ and thematic materials around the ride. Very plain...very Six Flags/Cedar Fair-ish looking.
I think Manta's queue, theme, ride, and experience as a whole is the perfect blend of what a SeaWorld/Busch Gardens coaster should be like

I don't expect something like that to happen again though...at least not for a while

Ice Breaker will likely open in 2022.
The anticipated opening wording just means they won’t likely open at all this year.

If they don’t open it right now. This coaster is an eye sore. Same with Iron Gwazi. I got mad when they didn’t announce an opening date for Infinity Falls. When they did, it would be opening a week away.

And SeaWorld’s social accounts is seriously avoiding and teasing anyone who mentions about it.
It’s opening in 2022

Ice Breaker will likely open in 2022.
The anticipated opening wording just means they won’t likely open at all this year.

If they don’t open it right now. This coaster is an eye sore. Same with Iron Gwazi. I got mad when they didn’t announce an opening date for Infinity Falls. When they did, it would be opening a week away.

And SeaWorld’s social accounts is seriously avoiding and teasing anyone who mentions about it.
It’s opening in 2022

If they were going to open Ice Breaker in 2022, why go through the effort on completing the front entrance, the queue, and to have walls for the most part down? Velocicoaster isn't slowing down, and Ratatouille is opening in October. It's insane to think that SeaWorld would delay Ice Breaker, Iron Gwazi, Pantheon, and Emperor, when all the parks will be open this year.

Not only that, but the team members currently stationed at the ride entrance are part of the ride's opening team. There's no way the park would bother hiring/transferring opening team members for an attraction they didn't plan on opening soon.