Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

I really like this trend of adding airtime hills to launches.

My dream would be for this to get Antarctica level theming, but that probably isn't happening, so I'll just be happy about the fun coaster.

^It will be better than that of Tigris. It's going to have 2 trains. The ride is also not very long either. If they get their loading procedures down, they should be able to have one train loaded and moved to the switch track by the time the other hits the final breaks. Honestly, I think this could work with 3 train ops since there is the sliding switch track (which would be it's own block). I'm assuming however there won't be enough block brake sections/legnth at the end in case they stack.
Only 1 train can be on the track at a time. The train has to complete it's cycle and return to the load platform before the next train can be switched onto the track and launched. I expect this coaster to last at least 1 min and 30 seconds. Which means 40 trains launched every hour +18 seats per train = 720 an hour. At most. That is a terrible capacity.

Only 1 train can be on the track at a time. The train has to complete it's cycle and return to the load platform before the next train can be switched onto the track and launched. I expect this coaster to last at least 1 min and 30 seconds. Which means 40 trains launched every hour +18 seats per train = 720 an hour. At most. That is a terrible capacity.
From the looks of it...One train would be in load, one in the block section behind it waiting for load, and one car completing the circuit...So three trains on the track max...Not sure if there is a mid-course

Last edited:
I really like this trend of adding airtime hills to launches.

My dream would be for this to get Antarctica level theming, but that probably isn't happening, so I'll just be happy about the fun coaster.

I choose to believe that the snow-covered mountains and partially-frozen lake from the concept art will be part of the final product, and that's how they're going to spend the $12,000 they're saving by just straight up recycling a restaurant awning for the queue and loading station.

I choose to believe that the snow-covered mountains and partially-frozen lake from the concept art will be part of the final product, and that's how they're going to spend the $12,000 they're saving by just straight up recycling a restaurant awning for the queue and loading station.
Wish I had that hope, but I feel like Manta's high level theming was a one off and seasame came out well because it's an IP and they were required to. I think we'll see some icy theming in the queue and not much else. All of the shots of the coaster only show an icy wilderness in the background and no integration with the coaster itself.

The color scheme is still so odd to me. Might make more sense of they want it to stand out vs high level theming.

Last edited:
Wish I had that hope, but I feel like Manta's high level theming was a one off and seasame came out well because it's an IP and they were required to. I think we'll see some icy theming in the queue and not much else. All of the shots of the coaster only show an icy wilderness in the background and no integration with the coaster itself.

The color scheme is still so odd to me. Might make more sense of they want it to stand out vs high level theming.
I mean, I was just kidding about the theming stuff-- I get the impression that Brian Morrow was the only person at the company ensuring some modicum of 'quality control' on new attractions at these parks... the current leadership comes from places like Visit St. Pete-Clearwater and Carnival Cruise lines. The fact that they won't cough up the pocket change it would take to build a real queue structure tells me they're looking for the cheapest, fastest route to having a new ride for 2o2o. Still though, I imagine they'll be forced to change up the Mango Joe's and surrounding area to squeeze the ride entrance and gift shop in, and they'll have to do something to convey what I assume is some kind of arctic exploration theme. Also, I found it interesting that Wild Arctic and Shamu Stadium [EDIT: it's actually Bayside Stadium] were worked into the concept art, almost as if they'll all be tied together as a themed area.

Last edited:
I mean, I was just kidding about the theming stuff-- I get the impression that Brian Morrow was the only person at the company ensuring some modicum of 'quality control' on new attractions at these parks... the current leadership comes from places like Visit St. Pete-Clearwater and Carnival Cruise lines. The fact that they won't cough up the pocket change it would take to build a real queue structure tells me they're looking for the cheapest, fastest route to having a new ride for 2o2o. Still though, I imagine they'll be forced to change up the Mango Joe's and surrounding area to squeeze the ride entrance and gift shop in, and they'll have to do something to convey what I assume is some kind of arctic exploration theme. Also, I found it interesting that Wild Arctic and Shamu Stadium were worked into the concept art, almost as if they'll all be tied together as a themed area.
It's funny that the park will now have two frozen continent themed lands. Goth both poles covered.

I mean, I was just kidding about the theming stuff-- I get the impression that Brian Morrow was the only person at the company ensuring some modicum of 'quality control' on new attractions at these parks... the current leadership comes from places like Visit St. Pete-Clearwater and Carnival Cruise lines. The fact that they won't cough up the pocket change it would take to build a real queue structure tells me they're looking for the cheapest, fastest route to having a new ride for 2o2o. Still though, I imagine they'll be forced to change up the Mango Joe's and surrounding area to squeeze the ride entrance and gift shop in, and they'll have to do something to convey what I assume is some kind of arctic exploration theme. Also, I found it interesting that Wild Arctic and Shamu Stadium [EDIT: it's actually Bayside Stadium] were worked into the concept art, almost as if they'll all be tied together as a themed area.
There will be a themed sign...Can confirm

From the looks of it...One train would be in load, one in the block section behind it waiting for load, and one car completing the circuit...So three trains on the track max...Not sure if there is a mid-course
So if I'm looking at this right. The dead end side of the station is where the train goes after load, then it's switched to the launch track laterally. Then the car is launched backwards first, then forward, then backwards, then forwards again at full speed to make it over the hill and then completes the cycle? Is that right?
SeaWorld-Orlando-Ice-Breaker-2.jpg

So if I'm looking at this right. The dead end side of the station is where the train goes after load, then it's switched to the launch track laterally. Then the car is launched backwards first, then forward, then backwards, then forwards again at full speed to make it over the hill and then completes the cycle? Is that right?
SeaWorld-Orlando-Ice-Breaker-2.jpg
Yes, originally I thought it was going to switch in the load station

Theoretically, once the spike is clear the switch track could move back and load the next car onto the launch...By that time the coaster would be almost done with the circuit

All that being said, I think this will have a higher capacity than people think

Yes, originally I thought it was going to switch in the load station

Theoretically, once the spike is clear the switch track could move back and load the next car onto the launch...By that time the coaster would be almost done with the circuit

All that being said, I think this will have a higher capacity than people think
Wicked Twister at Cedar Point takes over a min to complete it's 4 launches. At minimum this will launch 1 train a minute. Thats 60 trains per hour +18 seats per train, = 1080 riders per hour. That's not great.

The capacity will be fine for SeaWorld Orlando whether it's 720 or 1,080. It will likely be in the 900 pph range on a busy day. It still has a higher capacity than Tigris. Even when the park is crowded, the rides rarely have huge wait times. This will obviously have the longest line when it first opens, but that will wear off over time...just like EVERY other coaster with a low or high capacity.

Didn’t they only purchase two trains for this ride? That’s what they did for Iron Gwazi.