Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

Mango Joe's is not going anywhere, the queue is simply using parts of the outdoor patio area. There will be some theme elements, but you're not going to get snowy mountains if that's what you're expecting.

Mango Joe's is not going anywhere, the queue is simply using parts of the outdoor patio area. There will be some theme elements, but you're not going to get snowy mountains if that's what you're expecting.
I'm honestly expecting it to be landscaped with naturally frosted plants...Example: the Silver Buttonwood plant and some Dusty Miller.

So basically just landscaping

Hmm, sounds like an interesting juxtaposition of themes :lol: I just wonder why they even bothered putting the restaurant building in the concept art if they weren't planning on incorporating it into the ride or surrounding area in some way.

Also yeah, I'm thinking at this point there's probably going to be little to no theming for the ride, which is sad because this park has done such a great job with it on all their new attractions up to now. But considering it's already mid October and the inspiration for the ride appears to be simply to have a new ride for the spring/summer 2020 crowds, I'm a bit shocked at the lack of progress overall. I know Tigris didn't take too long to build, but that was also smaller and off-the-shelf, and even then it seems like it was further along at this point last year than Ice Breaker is right now.

Hmm, sounds like an interesting juxtaposition of themes :lol: I just wonder why they even bothered putting the restaurant building in the concept art if they weren't planning on incorporating it into the ride or surrounding area in some way.

Also yeah, I'm thinking at this point there's probably going to be little to no theming for the ride, which is sad because this park has done such a great job with it on all their new attractions up to now. But considering it's already mid October and the inspiration for the ride appears to be simply to have a new ride for the spring/summer 2020 crowds, I'm a bit shocked at the lack of progress overall. I know Tigris didn't take too long to build, but that was also smaller and off-the-shelf, and even then it seems like it was further along at this point last year than Ice Breaker is right now.
I think once it gets going it will really ramp up quickly...This is the boring foundation/footer stage

I'm also just expecting landscaping and maybe some prefabbed theming elements

I'd assume the name "Mango Joe's" will be going away, with a new name and menu revamp to fit the theme. Maybe "Polar Pete's Arctic Eats"

^I believe they were supposed to have put the spike up this past Wednesday, as One Ocean was only scheduled for 5pm that day (there's a 12:30 every other day during the week), and was told it was due to the construction. However, there were high winds that day (as witnessed from multiple video sources online who were there that day) which likely delayed doing so. They weren't using the cranes at all that day.

Tigris seemed fairly quiet to me though, not sure about the other Sky Rocket models (since this is a Sky Rocket variant). I do know the older ones are fairly loud, like Mr Freeze, Flight Of Fear/Poltergeist clones.