Idea - Blues Brother's relocation. | Inside Universal Forums

Idea - Blues Brother's relocation.

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 2, 2013
Arizona.
Hey guy's and this just was a thought as this could be potiential as it could happen as for the plaza because there is going to a stage up there so that lead's to idea's but this time was blues brothers moving so incase if universal needs that space with despicable me or potter or whatever they need the area for that might happen. so here think about this for a minute. as for universal getting more things in the future so this might need to be brought up.

It's an absolutely tiny area. Nothing of huge significance can go where Blues Brothers is. It's nice for temporary stage events like the Wicked Wednesdays they used to have in 2007 and for the weekly Marilyn shows or little announcements.The only thing they could do with the space is maybe combine it's real estate with House of Horrors if they ever put a ride there. But even then, its waaaay too tiny of a space for anything new, ever.

Know what though? I think maybe they should use that space for a mini performance of Bombshell (the Marilyn Monroe "musical" from NBC's SMASH!) Marilyn is super popular still, tourists and guests love her, AND NBCUniversal owns SMASH, so I think that'd be a neat idea! Thoughts?

Or maybe even a mini musical comedy show between Marilyn and Lucy! I think it would be a hit...

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that Blues Brothers isn't a large space that they could necessarily take over, but you could incorporate the area into House of Horrors. I'm guessing they could put something in there. 

I think they should incorporate some more shows into that stage. Blues Brothers isn't a terrible show, but it's definitely not a flagship attraction. I'd like to see something involving more characters from the park, similar to the performance held right next to the stage with all the cartoon characters (Woody, Winnie, Scooby, George, etc.).

Haha! It took me a second too. I almost had to edit that post  ;)  But wouldn't it be nice to see Lucy or Marilyn up on the stage every now and then? Maybe even Beetlejuice or some other classic monsters (Graveyard Revue return anyone?)  :p

I'm glad I got to see the show in Florida. To be honest, I walked in thinking I'd probably be pretty disappointed with it, but I actually liked it. Maybe something similar to the Graveyard Revue, but to a smaller scale, could be cool here. Unfortunately, Universal isn't known for bringing back classics (unless you count minor mentions on the Studio Tour!).

I'm glad I got to see the show in Florida. To be honest, I walked in thinking I'd probably be pretty disappointed with it, but I actually liked it. Maybe something similar to the Graveyard Revue, but to a smaller scale, could be cool here. Unfortunately, Universal isn't known for bringing back classics (unless you count minor mentions on the Studio Tour!).
Florida has a version that makes me very angry because it is utter crap compared to the wonderful show we had here at USH by the end. Chris and I have both posted our favorite videos of that old show on Facebook, I will dig them out for you. You have to see them, they blow Florida's out of the water.What was your favorite part of the USO show though?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd sure love to see those videos! I won't be able to compare Florida's version to what we had since I've never seen ours, but I just think the concept of these classic Universal monsters turning into these captivating rock and roll stars is pretty cool. I liked Frankenstein's Bride's transformation, as well as Dracula's. Beetlejuice always makes the show exciting, too! I like that it's a comedic musical. Speaking of which, that reminds me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Was that show any good?

Monster show might be to big of a Hit in this area. Blue's Brothers fits great here because it doesnt attract a large audience and fits great in this small area.

Like I said, I think it'd be better to have alternating shows. However, if the monsters did permanently take over that spot, it'd make more sense next to the House of Horrors. I can't stress enough how Orlando's use of the Blues Brothers show is so much better than ours. Just a small, occasional side show compared to a full out stage thrown into the park.

Blues Brothers canvas was extended when Blues Brothers was gaining focus in 1999/2000 because of the closure of Beetlejuice and the complaining of the heat while watching BB. It was also designed because the Grinch show was on this stage while the maze was for the Grinch. BB was moved to a 20 foot stage in front of JP. Yes, true story.

While Transformers was being built, there was a mini Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue which returned in the lower lot just for summer 2011. I have some photos and perhaps some small video of it. It was crappy, but hearing the songs again brought back tears.

I would like to see the BB show removed. If Universal Studios Hollywood is not going to respect this show as a street show, then it's lasted too long. HOH should have become Despicable Me instead of T2. Then we would be getting a proper renovation to this clustered area. I still feel that just after you enter the park, it's looks really bad having such a mess as your first impression of the park. This venue was meant to be a restaurant... Nothing else!

That's what I love about Orlando's version of Blues Brothers - nothing too major, just a nice little side-of-the-street show every once in a while. It blends in with the rest of the scenery, too. I know our park is kinda like a hodgepodge of attractions placed around the Upper and Lower Lots, but Blues Brothers is taking up too much room. I say re-theme it to something a little more generic, or scrap it.

Reactions: Chris
Chris, I totally agree that the entrance needs to be improved. It's not very inviting right now. I'm not saying it should be super flashy by Disney standards but the entrance is very bland. I liked the idea that a new, larger, more immersive and interactive version of Universal Experience would go in the upper lot next to the entrance in place of a couple of the generic shops. Would be a great introductory attraction in my opinion! Would then open up the lower lot for something new/Jurassic Park expansion if they remove Panda Express and the original Universal Experience.

Reactions: Chris