1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Ihu's Breakaway Falls Coming 2014

Discussion in 'Discovery Cove and Aquatica' started by Brian G., Sep 6, 2013.

1. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

2. Hockeyman55

Hockeyman55 Premium Member

is the for the same slide that those leaked expansion plans were for? Looked like it was a mix of lazy rive and some half pipe slides but didnt look to be that tall.

3. Jakemeister

Jakemeister Premium Member

I like the notion, I have to wonder why they didn't want to one up Disney and make it just that much taller than Blizzard Beach.

4. jarmor

jarmor Rookie

Ok...someone (who seems to ways be negative about every park period) said this on twitter...

"I beg to differ with you @SeaWorld [HASHTAG]#Aquatica[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#nothingtaller[/HASHTAG] There are TONS of slides taller than 105' in Orlando."

Can some enlighten me on the "ton" of 100 footer slides in orlando??

5. ChrisM

ChrisM Rookie

Lol, yeah they're definitely wrong. A quick look at the water slide database shows (http://waterslidedatabase.blogspot.com/2013/02/list-of-worlds-tallest-water-slides.html) that as of Feb 2013 Summit Plumit is the tallest free standing water slide in North America. And the only slide in FL over 100'. The only one in Orlando to come close is Slush Gusher at 90' (even though it is a triple dipper). Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or if things have changed. :cheers:

6. ChrisM

ChrisM Rookie

I went to the OU main page and read the article about the slide. The part that stood out to me... "Although designers haven’t shared details of the new attraction, they confirm it will be the tallest water thrill ride of its type in Orlando." Any thoughts on that snippet? What do you think by "tallest water thrill ride of its type"? Obviously there is some unknown aspect to the slide rather than a straight drop and stop. Maybe a water coaster type slide?

7. Miketheboss

Miketheboss BANNED

I didnt know Summit Plummet was the tallest free standing water slide in North America. Cant believe I've ridden it before. Did some research and found that it's the second-tallest and fastest free fall slide in the world. Cray!!!!

8. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I just see it as it's a tall body slide like Summit Plumit. That's not a water coaster like the one at Typhoon Lagoon, but there sure is a hell of a lot of thrill in a 100+ drop. I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

9. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Veteran Member

Maybe because Aquatica is in "Orlando" while Blizzard Beach is technically in "Lake Buena Vista" or maybe even Kissimmee. They may just be trying to draw comparisons between Wet n Wild. My guess is that it's just a conniving marketing ploy.

Either that or the speculation about it being 105' (the article has no explicit facts) is off-base, and it'll be taller than 120 feet.

10. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

That's because there is no facts other than what they provided, along with the picture of the balloon with the marker of "105'"....

11. jarmor

jarmor Rookie

Maybe a trap door slide? its only one other in orlando and it looks shorter than 105 and busch did add some at water country usa in VA!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  12. batsmouth

batsmouth Veteran Member

Looks promising but I will never go on it :lol: I can't do slides like the bomb in wet n wild and summit plummit.

13. ChrisM

ChrisM Rookie

^ True true, I did think of it being included in the RCID, but IMHO, that seems kinda like a semantics issue to the general tourists who probably see it all as being in Orlando. Not that the general clueless tourist would know the different heights of the areas water slides anyhow haha. But good point!

What about racing, body slides at 105'. That would be a first in Orlando, ey? Could be cool but I don't think that's it because of the cost of having to build two slides.

14. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Veteran Member

...I'm not hating on the article. I understand there were no solid facts, just using the article as basis for that.

15. sierrak5

sierrak5 Rookie

Looking forward to getting more info!

16. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Yeah I was totally disappointed that all they gave us was a tiny snippet about a slide being 105 feet tall. Seriously? Give me some details please!

17. jarmor

jarmor Rookie

I think we call that a teaser...:thumbs:

18. Hockeyman55

Hockeyman55 Premium Member

19. IzzyB

IzzyB Premium Member

I hope so. Because that slide looks really good. Also, like that it might be family style, which means some of the 36" kids can get on it.

20. jarmor

jarmor Rookie

But at 105 ft? I don't know if those type of slides are feasible at that height. Also, aquatica is fairly flat so that height soul be true to ground. Imagine hauling a kid up that high...