Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Illumination: Sing

Jun 1, 2015
Los Angeles ,CA
I don't know if anybody has seen the trailer for it ? But what if this film is a big hit ? Is it possible universal studios can built an attraction to it ? Share your thoughts guys 

From the trailer, I don't see much ride potential from it. Not to mention they will already have Despicable Me and SLoP represented in the park. If you ask me, that would be a little bit of Illumination overkill. I think they should save room for other properties. 

Well taking my opinion of it aside (IMO it looks atrocious), it would most likely not come to the park aside from a photo op and maybe walk arounds. Pitch Perfect is already chugging along which (if produced) would fill in that musical void, and USH is satisfied with their kid/family targeted show already in Animal Actors. In 2016 big pre-recorded revue style shows featuring actors in bulky costumes would seem cheesy. They could invoke Disney with stylized puppetry, but I don't see this in Universal's grasp of want. (animatronic shows are also 100% out of style)

So obviously it would be a show instead of ride, and I don't see that happening unless this is absolutely massive. Even then, Uni has a lot else on their plate in terms of priorities.