Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

Feb 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Florida
I can't beleive this does not have its own thread - but I found a small tidbit of info.

The globe is scheduled to be removed from the show for a major refurbishment this summer for an unknown amount of time.

The show was tested without the globe on February 27.

I wonder if any other improvements and changes might happen during this rehab.

1455294879_4e16b23545.jpg

1456171344_990e79aa3b.jpg

1455305337_bbe8844eba.jpg

The globe is on a barge. At night it lights up, it has a bunch of LED's on it to make a globe. It even has images on it kinda like aTV. It opens up - like a flower - then it has fireworks and stuff come out from it.

Last edited:
1455294879_4e16b23545.jpg

1456171344_990e79aa3b.jpg

1455305337_bbe8844eba.jpg

The globe is on a barge. At night it lights up, it has a bunch of LED's on it to make a globe. It even has images on it kinda like aTV. It opens up - like a flower - then it has fireworks and stuff come out from it.

Looks cool. I've Never seen a fireworks show that looks that cool....except at MK.

I love the globe effect. It makes IllumiNations stand out over the other 2 firework shows. I really can't say that, though. I haven't experienced Fantasmic! yet.

I love the globe effect. It makes IllumiNations stand out over the other 2 firework shows. I really can't say that, though. I haven't experienced Fantasmic! yet.

:yikes: . That's such a great show, would be my favorite if there were more pyro. You live there and haven't experienced much.

I'd have to say, just judging from videos this looks like the best of the nighttime specatcular. Plus, I really love the music-is it available on the Epcot CD you can get in the parks?

They have a holiday version? I only thought they had the one IllumiNations.

Yeah, they do the regular Illuminations show and then the announcer guys says, and now a special holiday something or other. They play the "let there be peace on Earth" song and practically do another whole fireworks show. It was really good finale and quite moving. :'(

Yes I have, and I wouldn't mind! I love RofE but I think it needs to be updated and changed alittle...

I think if they change it a little as you say, then it would be all right. While I haven't seen it in person in many years (if at all), videos I've seen have put it as my favorite nighttime spectacular in Disney. Work on the globe a bit, add some neat fireworks... Just don't make vast changes, unless they're for the better.... WAY better.