Harmonious | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What do you guys think of the leaked video? I couldn’t tell if it was for this show or the interim one tho.

It basically looked like the “adventure” and “discovery” IPs with their songs. The tech looks eh so far compared to the current show.

What do you guys think of the leaked video? I couldn’t tell if it was for this show or the interim one tho.

It basically looked like the “adventure” and “discovery” IPs with their songs. The tech looks eh so far compared to the current show.
I didn’t see it but if it had characters it was probably the second show. The Epcot Forever show will focus more on Epcot things and the real show after that will go all in on Disney music and characters for each of the nations. And fountains.

If we're thinking of the same leaked video, it doesn't belong in Epcot. Disney thinking that basically turning on the foreign language audio track for some songs is enough to make it thematically fit in World Showcase is insulting.

Maybe there will be more to the show, and maybe it will be done very well, but until Disney gives me reason to believe they actually care about the mission statement of Epcot, I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt on most things related to that park.

Reactions: WAJAS
If we're thinking of the same leaked video, it doesn't belong in Epcot. Disney thinking that basically turning on the foreign language audio track for some songs is enough to make it thematically fit in World Showcase is insulting.

Maybe there will be more to the show, and maybe it will be done very well, but until Disney gives me reason to believe they actually care about the mission statement of Epcot, I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt on most things related to that park.
Yeah I think we are. I agree on all points!

While this will not be a bad show at all, it will never fit in the park. I’ll enjoy watching it but also be disappointed, knowing what it replaces.

Reactions: belloq87

Didn't see it...Where was it posted?

4a640k6ac6pz.jpg

When it comes to the eventual replacement show and that leaked video...

For me, Illuminations was one of the things in Epcot which actually worked. It's still one of my favorite nighttime shows, and it's bona fide proof that Disney can have a great nighttime show without characters. Variety is the spice of life, and Illuminations was certainly different compared to the other nighttime shows.

So to have it replaced with another IP-driven show just like all the others*, this is a homogenization that I personally don't want. If I want to see a IP show with fireworks, I'll go to MK and see Happily Ever After. If I want more of a stage show, I'll endure Fantasmic! Illuminations is the fireworks/fire/water extravaganza with a amazing soundtrack, and soundtrack-wise I don't think foreign language versions of Disney songs is even going to match that.

Another factor is this, Epcot doesn't have the best history when it comes to replacing things. In fact it probably has one of the most tragic histories in theme parks with replacing things that work with inferior or lesser attractions. Horizons to Mission: Space, Imagination to TWO increasingly worse attractions, the 1994 SSE to the half baked version we have now.

Now with that said, will I give the new show a chance? Yes. But I'll be honest, I don't think Disney is going to make this easy on themselves due to two words...Epcot Forever, the interim show between Illuminations and it's eventual permanent replacement. By all accounts, Epcot Forever is gonna' go right into Epcot's nostalgia, and we know how Disney thrives on that kind of stuff, especially since fans eat it up. If Epcot Forever is very well received, then it's going to make the permanent replacement all the harder to make it's mark, as people could point and scream that the interim show was the better replacement.

Above all, I may not be fond of what the full replacement is, but it's gonna' be a interesting couple of years.

(*= Rivers of Light may not have IP's yet, but you know it's coming with how much of a whiff that show is.)

When it comes to the eventual replacement show and that leaked video...

For me, Illuminations was one of the things in Epcot which actually worked. It's still one of my favorite nighttime shows, and it's bona fide proof that Disney can have a great nighttime show without characters. Variety is the spice of life, and Illuminations was certainly different compared to the other nighttime shows.

So to have it replaced with another IP-driven show just like all the others*, this is a homogenization that I personally don't want. If I want to see a IP show with fireworks, I'll go to MK and see Happily Ever After. If I want more of a stage show, I'll endure Fantasmic! Illuminations is the fireworks/fire/water extravaganza with a amazing soundtrack, and soundtrack-wise I don't think foreign language versions of Disney songs is even going to match that.

Another factor is this, Epcot doesn't have the best history when it comes to replacing things. In fact it probably has one of the most tragic histories in theme parks with replacing things that work with inferior or lesser attractions. Horizons to Mission: Space, Imagination to TWO increasingly worse attractions, the 1994 SSE to the half baked version we have now.

Now with that said, will I give the new show a chance? Yes. But I'll be honest, I don't think Disney is going to make this easy on themselves due to two words...Epcot Forever, the interim show between Illuminations and it's eventual permanent replacement. By all accounts, Epcot Forever is gonna' go right into Epcot's nostalgia, and we know how Disney thrives on that kind of stuff, especially since fans eat it up. If Epcot Forever is very well received, then it's going to make the permanent replacement all the harder to make it's mark, as people could point and scream that the interim show was the better replacement.

Above all, I may not be fond of what the full replacement is, but it's gonna' be a interesting couple of years.

(*= Rivers of Light may not have IP's yet, but you know it's coming with how much of a whiff that show is.)
You do know this was the fourth iteration of Illuminations, right? It’s just that it’s been showing for 20 years.

And before that there was Le Carnivale which was truly dreadful (projected screens - not water screens - on a barge parked in front of World Showcase entrance)

You do know this was the fourth iteration of Illuminations, right? It’s just that it’s been showing for 20 years.

Honestly, I didn't know this was the fourth iteration. So yes, Reflections of Earth is a case of a good replacement. Though the shoddy replacement track record in Epcot still stands, and it's still very bittersweet to lose a good non-character nighttime show to well, another character nighttime show.

Honestly, I didn't know this was the fourth iteration. So yes, Reflections of Earth is a case of a good replacement. Though the shoddy replacement track record in Epcot still stands, and it's still very bittersweet to lose a good non-character nighttime show to well, another character nighttime show.
I mean, I don’t expect any show ever really to be quite as moving and have the sweeping score, all while not using IP ever again.

Right now, the replacement is looking a lot like Happily Ever Epcot.