Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

from what I understand, and I don’t remember where I saw/heard this, the vest restraints required the station/launch tube to be widened and it wasn’t in the budget for the IOA redo

They'd require a wider train which would then require more work to the station.

I've ridden flying coasters with them and also Banshee which features them. I LOVE the vest restraints as they're so much more comfortable and "open" than the normal OSTRs.

They'd require a wider train which would then require more work to the station.

I've ridden flying coasters with them and also Banshee which features them. I LOVE the vest restraints as they're so much more comfortable and "open" than the normal OSTRs.
Disagree. I hate the vest restraints. Always feels like it’s squeezing me to death and I can’t breathe. At least with the OTSRs you have some space.

It’s funny. For the longest time I thought I was the only one who would gray out on a certain section of Hulk. I didn’t know so many others do! Honestly, I don’t recall having this issue years ago. Still a great coaster, but I feel they may need to eventually install an MRI machine at the exit to scan for TBIs.

So, they did the thing I've been asking for: put the "hulking out" vids in the whole queue!

Hulk was the second worst queue in IOA (I'd love a whole 'nother thread about that) and then the reburb opened and the circular heat-dome queue was still there but now with screens of DNA sequences? Once you got into the "now boarding" line there were some okay neat sequences of subjects hulking out. Well, those are finally on the screens while you are in the dome.

Score one for sanity! Queue still sucks, though. :grin:

So, they did the thing I've been asking for: put the "hulking out" vids in the whole queue!

Hulk was the second worst queue in IOA (I'd love a whole 'nother thread about that) and then the reburb opened and the circular heat-dome queue was still there but now with screens of DNA sequences? Once you got into the "now boarding" line there were some okay neat sequences of subjects hulking out. Well, those are finally on the screens while you are in the dome.

Score one for sanity! Queue still sucks, though. :grin:
I liked the old queue... the story of Banner and his awesome powers that I sense a parallel to myself in... I am OCD so I get really mad when stuff doesn't go the way I want it in my fandom of choice... I am more of She-Hulk... honestly, Banner should just accept his powers and see it as a blessing... There are some OCDers out there who want to be like him...

Have no say about the new version... I miss the old one...

Hey so....have the airgates after you exit the ride never existed or am I being gaslit?

Essentially employees stand in a square on the ground now and the usual exit gates have been removed

I assume it's for dispatch times reasons

When were these taken out lol

Hey so....have the airgates after you exit the ride never existed or am I being gaslit?

Essentially employees stand in a square on the ground now and the usual exit gates have been removed

Haven't been on there in quite a while, do you man the gates that go from unload to the exit ramp? Could be they broke, since I can't see how removing them would really speed things up.

Same time as the leg ticklers on Mummy.

Pretty sure there were never air gates on the exit side because I always remember trying to win the race to the single swinging gate on that side.

Same time as the leg ticklers on Mummy.

Pretty sure there were never air gates on the exit side because I always remember trying to win the race to the single swinging gate on that side.
I guess I haven't ridden in a while, or maybe because I was stuck in load forever so they could add a train lol