Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It was revealed that Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford will be returning to the iconic film series of Indiana Jones.

Lucas will not be returning to the franchise.

So, thoughts on the news?

It was revealed that Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford will be returning to the iconic film series of Indiana Jones.

Lucas will not be returning to the franchise.

So, thoughts on the news?

I hate that movies now have such crazy strict time lines.

Funny how they will give release dates for a movie but not a attraction/land.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I hate that movies now have such crazy strict time lines.

Funny how they will give release dates for a movie but not a attraction/land.

Because they have half a dozen other distributors they have to line up dates around. Also, they don't have to make sure the movie won't kill its viewers...

Well with it being pretty much A New Hope 2.0...shows lack of creativity. Don't get me wrong the Prequel sucked but I doubt all Lucas's idea were bad.

What do you expect? Star Wars, much as I love it, is the simplest version of Campbell's Hero's Journey. I think the similarities were intentional, thematically,myself, and I think it's great.

As for Lucas, none of the non-franchise movies he's ever made except for American Graffiti - and maybe THX-1138, if you're baked - indicate he's had any good ideas.

Well with it being pretty much A New Hope 2.0...shows lack of creativity. Don't get me wrong the Prequel sucked but I doubt all Lucas's idea were bad. And lets not forget without Lucas, Indy and SW wouldn't exist.

SW7 for lack of better word needed to get those who hated the prequels to trust Disney. Even if he did create Indy and SW, he putted SW in a extremely bad place, and Indy had a chance to do good to a fourth film (see, original crystal skull script) but he was out of touch.

I am excited to see Indy 5 as it could be a good sendoff for Steven and Harrison. And besides, Kathleen has proven herself as a good head to Lucasfilm and I'm sure she'll be fine.

If they do this right, Harrison doesn't even need to be a lead.

I see a plot going something like this - someone needs Indy's help and they need to pull him out of "retirement" (he'll be wasting away in Key west or something) before the story moves forward. Harrison not being a main lead can make sense for less stunts for the old guy and also allow for the transition movie from the OG explorer to the new age.

I know they tried to do something like this with Crystal Skull, but if they actually do it right, it can be a good farewell to Indy and usher in a new explorer.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It seems Hollywood has truly run out of original ideas.

Except Seth Rogen...I mean, the man is making an animated movie (Rated R nonetheless) about packaged foods. Meanwhile, no one can come up with any more original roles for one of the greatest actors alive.

Ugh.

It seems Hollywood has truly run out of original ideas.

Except Seth Rogen...I mean, the man is making an animated movie (Rated R nonetheless) about packaged foods. Meanwhile, no one can come up with any more original roles for one of the greatest actors alive.

Ugh.
I can name countless movies in the past several years that were very creative and original.

Reactions: USO92
17 Posts and not one stupid "Indiana Jones and the [insert old person joke here]." I'm both shocked and proud!

It's been published that Spielberg wanted to do something around the Bermuda Triangle for part 4, but Lucas nixed it. Maybe Indy will be retired in Key West and then have to head into the triangle :)

17 Posts and not one stupid "Indiana Jones and the [insert old person joke here]." I'm both shocked and proud!

It's been published that Spielberg wanted to do something around the Bermuda Triangle for part 4, but Lucas nixed it. Maybe Indy will be retired in Key West and then have to head into the triangle :)
Geeze, I wanted to make an old person joke so badddd, but now I won't. :) But, the Bermuda Triangle does sound like an interesting story line. :thumbsup:

Reactions: UniversalCityFL
2019 though? I guess a script hasn't been written yet but Ford will be nearly 80 by the time this comes out.

I actually realized midway through typing that, that we are in the year 2016 and not 2015. I keep forgetting what year it is for some reason. So I guess a 2019 release date isn't that outrageous(was gonna say 2017 until I realized what year it was) but still....Ford will almost be 80!