IOA Lighthouse | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Lighthouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been inside and to the top of the lighthouse. Unfortunately, there's nothing too exciting inside the structure. There are some stairs, and then a very tiny elevator (it can hold only one or two people) that brings you to the top. The inside of the structure is just scaffolding -- it's not decorated or furnished.

At the top, by the actual light and mirror, there's a small control panel that controls the speed of rotation of the light. There's a beautiful tile design on the ceiling above the mirror that you can't fully appreciate from the ground. Someone put a lot of time and effort into it.

The view is incredible!

I've been inside and to the top of the lighthouse. Unfortunately, there's nothing too exciting inside the structure. There are some stairs, and then a very tiny elevator (it can hold only one or two people) that brings you to the top. The inside of the structure is just scaffolding -- it's not decorated or furnished.

At the top, by the actual light and mirror, there's a small control panel that controls the speed of rotation of the light. There's a beautiful tile design on the ceiling above the mirror that you can't fully appreciate from the ground. Someone put a lot of time and effort into it.

The view is incredible!

That's interesting about the top! Thanks for sharing this! I don't wanna ask how you were able to go up there, though feel free to PM me about it :p

PS: :welcome:

dsc6998s.jpg

dsc7007s.jpg

I always think how terrifying it would be to walk up the stairs that are on the exterior of the lighthouse. I love the lighthouse though. It's the perfect park icon and is so beautifully designed.

Years ago, an episode of Fear Factor was filmed at Universal Orlando that involved participants ziplining down from the lighthouse over to the lagoon in front of Hard Rock Cafe. I couldn't find clips, screenshots, or anything from it, but I'm pretty certain this is the episode - http://www.amazon.com/Family-Fear-Factor/dp/B000XE498W. I'm unwilling to spend the $1.99 on it, but hey, maybe someone here will think it's worth it and take some screenshots while watching.

Sidenote, another challenge involved Dr. Doom's Fear Fall and a box-shaped structure built at its top, where participants had to lean over the edge and grab for flags.

I always think how terrifying it would be to walk up the stairs that are on the exterior of the lighthouse. I love the lighthouse though. It's the perfect park icon and is so beautifully designed.

I was literally about to say the same exact thing. I'm terrified of heights so the thought of it gave me chills.